Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just launched a new online company!

Thanks
    So how are you solving the problem of not spelling the e-mail address? Does one has to use the number he phoned to search for the e-mail address on the web? What if the person who wants the e-mail address is the recipient of the phonecall.

Also we have to admit most/some of the companies have limited internet access if they have one. So how are you going to target those people?

Thanks
    Yes, but if you need their e-mail, and they are not on lookitup then they have to spell theirs obviously, and that would encourage them to join. Then they can simply send you a blank email and you then get their e-mail or you can get their tel number if they are on lookitup.

And this is an online service so there is no way around that Also I think if they ask for your E-Mail address they should have access to internet?

Honestly, most businesses have internet already, if they don't you are out of luck. At my work place, only 2% do not have access to internet out of 494 companies!

Regards

Thanks
    Hi theokieza

Welcome TFSA, and congrats on your online business, it is a very good idea you have there.

I would like to point out a few things that will help you.

1. Open up your directory service for free listings and then make an upsale for businesses to solve their problem that your site is actually intended to solve. This way you get more businesses to list and increase your pages in the Google index at the same time.
    2. Open your business directory from the frontpage for SEO purposes. Natural rankings is your most important marketing tool and it will increase your chances to rank for the variety of business name searches on Google and other SE's.
    3. Perceived value. One of the big problems your site has is explaining the value that your website offers. It gives a problem which I cannot really understand and a solution that offers no value to me. Express the value in terms of a offer I can not refuse. There is no squeeze so I will not care much closing your site...
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Thanks for the tips!

The site is now FREE and will monetize it at a later stage!

Thanks
    Hi, Theo. Take a look at Imagin8 (www.imagin8.co.za) - we provide coaching, mentoring and advice for small businesses and startups. Your problem may lie in more than just your advertizing strategy. Come chat to us - we have successfully cornered a section of the market in one of our own businesses by making a few simple product decisions which opened up the market for us.

Adam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12