Thread: Assistance with finding venue please

Gold Member
    Thanks

Assistance with finding venue please

Hi all you KZN boffins...

Please help...I am looking for a tiny venue to host a small workshop on 12th March as my existing venue is not suited. I need no fancy frills, good public transport access, pretty centralish, simple catering and comfy chairs are good.. friendly staff an ABSOLUTE MUST.

We like to use guest houses with conference facilities as it takes the delegates out of the sterile corporate environment...

PS!! It is a receptionist training workshop being hosted so any of you wanting to send your receptionist along simply email me.
    Last edited by Debbiedle; 22-Feb-10 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Blatant advertising !!!
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    About how many people will you be looking at?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Sterne, very small most probably 4 -6 plus a trainer.
    Regards

Debbie

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi,

In which area are you looking for this venue because i do have a venue that i can assist you with.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi Manghena, Durban near Berea.
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    I know the Kwazulu-Natal Law Society hires out its boardroom in Salmon Grove Chambers. See http://www.lawsoc.co.za/ . This is in the centre of Durban though.

Good luck.

Sieg

Email problem
    Thanks
    Sorry, i can only help in Gauteng Pretoria

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Tks all for the info. Manghena send me an email with your venue website and/or info if you wish. I do keep them on file for when I need them.
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Hi - tks to those who replied, it looks like I will use www.st-annes.co.za So if you want to book your receptionists for 12th March 2010 *wink*
    Last edited by Debbiedle; 02-Mar-10 at 10:16 AM.
    Regards

Debbie

www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Debbie,

Sorry I was not able to assist, I am in the US and for the life of me cannot remember the names of any potential places.
    There is a venue close to the Tennis Stadium, that used to be excellent, I have e-mailed our trainer and await his reply, for that one!
    If you are looking for a relatively low cost venue, the Point Yacht Club - and Kingsmead Cricket Club also have a training venue. Of course the clubs don't have any accommodation, but are fairly central.
    The Oyster Box used to provide one of the nicest venues as well, don't know how much they charge now?
    There is also a supurb venue in Mount Edgecombe - again waiting for the name - that offers accommodation and the training facility.
    Telkom has a facility somewhere near Pinetown which may be too far out of your way, but you could investigate that as well.

Reasonably priced training venues has always been one of our major drawbacks, as we are offering what I term "industry training". In Johannesburg we have our own facilities, but the cities of Durban, Cape Town & Port Elizabeth are not viable due to venue costs, plus paying the travel and accommodation costs of your facilitator, it is very difficult to make a profit.

There is a business opportunity here, similar to the set-up of Regis Offices (which is a venue to consider as well!), for a shared venue, much like investors in time share holiday accommodation!

As there must be so many others having the same cost deterrent to offering their courses in all the major cities.

Just an idea!

Yvonne