Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fast zombie versus slow zombie

Thanks
    well, since we've moved onto survival strategies, where do you think the best place would be to escape zombies (in terms of numbers, not to see none at all)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Honestly “Robben Island” The building is basically a big strong room and with a few modifications you will be able to grow food in-doors and more importantly you will be isolated and safe. With enough supplies and a bit of ingenuity like “purifying sea water” stuff like that you will probably be safe and isolated from any zombie attacks.

My second choice would be low populated areas and farm lands and open spaces. So that it would be easy to spot anything moving and more importantly you have enough space to “hide” in. This will allow growing food and surviving too.

Third option would be a river and the biggest boat I can find. Bing in the middle of a big damn or river gives you a tactical advantage and you will be able to outrun anything and with basic fish-finder equipment stay safe from any mass attacks because you will see them coming even if they are under water. Also you will have access to water and fish. Growing food is again an option but your space is limited “depending on the boat”

I would stay away from cities and enclosed arias because you can get trapped easily however if one must one can probably consider fortifying a building with limited entrances better yet a police station may be a good place to clean out for oneself. There will be weapons and armour and armoured cars so it is a good place to set up camp the prison aria is build secure and will make for a good “safe-room” if the zombies wise up.

Still an aria close to a dam or river is preferable because you can get food and water.

Modifying a truck or something like that is not really practical unless if you live close to farmlands because getting a big truck trough blocked roads and stuff is really not going to help you at all. “You will be a sitting duck”

What would you do? Where will you go?
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thought this would look cool with all the other posts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ready for Zombie Attack.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	1116  
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries

Can I steer this towards vampires. Somehow, they're sexier and accordingly far more interesting.

How about vampire vs quick zombie? Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well to give the zombie a proper chance lets go for the zombies or rather “mutated zombies” from “Resident Evil Apocalypse.” Now the good doctor modified a few zombies that are able to process surroundings and they are good hunters.

Right from the vampires side I wish to bring in the vampires from “underworld” Reason being they are close to myth. “Vampires in underworld” are still allergic to sunlight and is accessibly brilliant in self defence and there order is disciplined. Not like those rejects from “Blade”

Now vampires will be able to move faster there attacks will be strategically better than that of a zombie. Still zombies are famous in swarm attacks and part of their strengths is there is just too many of them!

Still with blade weaponry “it doesn’t run out of bullets” and there added strength and speed the vampire will probably still be the victor here. However the vampire needs living blood and I am not sure that zombies classify as a food for them. If there are no healthy animals around and no humans, then the vampire will go down simply because of starvation.

However will the zombies recognise the vampire? That I cannot answer because basically they are both “part of the un-dead” range of monsters.

In the end vampires are better looking more sophisticated and may be able to survive. But the zombie is the ultimate survivor here “they can eat anything” . Still zombies are not the ultimate fighters...
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    definitely in a garlic soaked tent inside a chapel within a field of garlic surrounded with a fence of silver tipped sharpened wooden stakes.

"Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That might actually work the only problem is vampires can set fire to everything and you will be lunch anyway. If it was me I go for the isolation island bit. Take the movie “I am legend” How stupid do you have to be to live among zombies “intelligent” zombies and your dwelling is made of wood?

3 little pigs’ words of wisdom: when the big bad wolf comes calling you are better off in a place made of brick, stone and harden reinforced concrete with heavy 40cm tick vault doors. AKA a bank or something with big heavy doors and limited access. With all the recourses surrounding the aria something could have been done.

Off all the places in all the word a wooden house would be my last option not my first option.

Still overall it was really not a bad movie
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks

Don't Joke, it could happen!

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html

<5 scientific reasons a Zombie Apocalypse could actually happen...Also I wouldn't stay on a boat because they can just walk underwater and climb up my anchor chain.

@AndyD I am glad you have procedures and suits prepared. However I believe here in Cape Town a Zombie outbreak would occur during Newland's rugby season. Lots of people, traffic at a standstill and hordes of them pouring out of the stadium into the congestion.

Vampires don't scare me much because they value the scarcity of good/clean food and will not interfere with the cattle(us). According to America, Vampires seem to become utterly harmless and quite frankly retarded when subjected to the love obsession of stupid teens and EMO's.

The vast amount of Vampire wannabes and popular culture groupies will act as a buffer to minimize feeding impacting on the rest of us; as a vampire proclaiming him/herself will attract a sudden flashflood of american teens hoping to be fed upon. The Vampire will quickly become repulsed by such disgusting sycophancy and promptly wish to kill itself to escape. Hopefully not before tearing as many annoying teens to shreds as possible. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Superscenic; 19-Feb-10 at 03:33 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The truth is animating the dead is not “just fiction” Remember the supper rich that freezes their bodies in hope of reanimation. Well the world of medicine is limited and restricted to what the flesh and brain can handle before it dies.

So what happens to a body and mind that will function forever? Well the mind can store massif amounts of information and it is said that we use about 2% and if you are really smart 3% of our brains. So if our DNA wasn’t suicidal living forever would be possible and you will not go mad because the brain will not grow old.

Sadly our DNA is suicidal and is programmed to break down. Now if you are a zombie your DNA structure will NOT stop to break down because DNA and sub systems like decomposition will still continue the process. If you can stop the DNA from killing it-self and you can stop decomposition then your brain will be intact. And more importantly it will be functional. How functional well it depends on what function is? Staying alive or playing computer games? Its function is staying alive so it will eat. But because the DNA can no longer break down the food may rebuild it and with time the brain my restore full function.

However IF your DNA cannot rebuild and cannot be destroyed then YES you have yourself a Zombie.

Vampires I don’t get? Because they cannot grow old they live on blood “plausible” but for some stupid reason they still can die of hunger so the DNA suicide program was not rewritten it is only placed on hold? Interesting concept but again it is a bit more complicated??
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    for those who don't understand
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	undead.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	1147  
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

11. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (12-Mar-10)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.