Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh the drama!

I get this email:
    Dear Reader,

You are hereby ordered to cease all business operations immediately

The Department of Labour has amended the Skills Development Act (SDA). Do you know what the changes are? You’ll need to! According to the Act, a labour inspector can order certain employers to stop working IMMEDIATELY!

Are you fulfilling your obligations in terms of the SDA!

Don’t get caught on the back foot. You could fit into this category. There’s one easy way to find out exactly what you need to know. AND, you’ll impress the labour inspector right away.
    Wouldn’t you agree that a simple way to remember what to do is to have an easy-to-read version within plain sight? Now you can...order your summary of the Skills Development Act wall chart today.
    FFS!

I'm seeing this more and more. Drama selling. There was another one the other day that went something like this:
    I overheard a conversation while I was waiting at a bus stop. This guy was telling his friend he's on his way to the CCMA for arbitration involving the dismissal of an employee for theft from petty cash. I cringed as he was sure to lose his case.

Wouldn't you like to know how ...
    Scare selling - on absolute BS!

WTF does this "expert" know about the specifics of the case?
    WTF does this expert know about the process that was followed, the employment contract, the amount that disappeared, the operational procedures, any other pertinent information?

Nope - it's YOU WILL LOSE. And if you don't know why you'd better buy my book now.

BS.

And what's with all these larnies catching busses nowadays? Reducing their carbon footprint?

Yeah right.

2. Thank given for this post:

desA (02-Feb-10), tec0 (02-Feb-10), tonyflanigan (02-Feb-10)