Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: netbook

Thanks
    BTW, anyone know of a laptop/notebook with a Quaddro / FireGL card? The GForce / Radeon gaming cards just don't cut it when doing 3D modeling / animation. At present I'm only doing this work on my Desktop and using a PPT / AVI to play the final product on the Laptop when presenting to the client. It would be nice to do some tweaking while on the plane.

I know of the 2 from Boxx & Rock, but I don't want to break the bank! Scratch that, even those 2 come with GeForce ... ughh!
    Last edited by irneb; 24-Jan-10 at 04:53 AM.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    true, you won't get a XEON in a notebook - but this is due to the architecture of the XEON's, i.e. it will be too costly for Intel to manufacture a motherboard that can fit into a 10 chassis & hold a XEON. I also think the cooling requirements will be "outrageous" for laptops, so it's probably more a practical problem than en exclusivity problem.

CoreiX (i.e Corei3, Corei5 & Corei7) address the problem with XEON uses lower wattage CPU's, and therefore need less cooling and smaller power supplies.

I saw a notebook the other day with 24GB RAM, cause it was using the Corei7 model
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.