Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: File sharing, is it just plain piracy?

Thanks
    bt games preplayed policies
    I found this little gem online (while searching for a game store that doesn't try to rip me off). They don't take pre-played PC games because of the EULA. I have a feeling it's because the game can be installed, cracked and then the disc be given in, whereas a PS3/XBXOX 360 game doesn't get installed onto the hard drive.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yes well I don’t care if it is new or not. Second hand PS3 Games, music CD’s and DVD that is in good condition is my preferred way to pick up stuff. I buy them from anyone that is sick of their old stuff and I don’t really care if it is a disagreeable practise. The game is an original it doesn’t need registration and I can still use it where it would end up as a shiny target for a BB-gun.

Honestly if the PC games companies in question gets there way it will be easier to buy a legal gun in South Africa then what it will be to buy a game. Is this what they want then I will be happy to stop buying PC games and spend the money on stuff like alarms for my car or a good fishing-rod. Perhaps even take up self-defence classes or start a stamp collection. What about I start gambling instead.

Right now the “second hand” game market is the only real way for me to get games. If I can’t do that anymore then my PS3 and Xbox just lost their use and I will no longer support their market. See the second hand games I get from them are normally in reasonable condition and some almost new so it is worth supporting the second hand games market.

Now I wish I get something like this:

http://www.azuradisc.com/?gclid=COyF...FQtgZwodZnRLdg
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Got an E-mail from steam today, I made the suggestion that they must add an option where you can do a once off download with the size of the download specified. I told them that in South Africa downloading can be an expensive hobby.

I hope they take this suggestion to heart because if they want to continue to sell games that need updating before it works then this is a good compromise because you can bugged for the download needed.

I also suggested that they state on the back of the “box” that downloading updates will be required for their games to work.

Well thanks >>> Steam <<< for actually answering e-mails. It shows commitment and is commendable.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    funnily enough, you got into steam at the right time. considering your experience with them, this may sound completely bonkers, but I'll explain. a couple of years ago, I attempted to register my halflife GOTY collection with them. Someone had already taken the serial, so I emailed them saying I had the originals, what were they going to do?
    I was told that I would need to post the serials to them at my cost. I told the guy that's ridiculous, the SA post service will have them lost in minutes and having to pay postage to america is almost worth as much as the games were. I asked whether I couldn't just take a picture of the serials and send them to him that way. after all, no one is going to be thick enough to allow someone to take a pic of their serials. Nope, couldn't do that, had to mail them.

last year, I decided I'd try again. this was just after I had installed the first left4dead, and wanted my half-life updated. I asked if the serials were on an old account, and they gave me an account that I didn't own. So I said that wasn't mine, they asked me to TAKE A PICTURE of the serials with the ticket number on it. I did so, and they freed the serials for my use ^^.
    So if you had been using their service a little while ago, you would have popped a vein in your head.

5. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (28-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Probably would have... Yes I must admit my temper get the best of me. I would have posted them the game in very small unusable pieces to make the cost a bit less too. Yes but tell you what if they are open to suggestions then it is a good thing because people can communicate and their products will be more useable.

It will be a win-win for them if they keep it up and allow us to download what we need to get it going. It is not too much to ask really. Something like a nice single compressed file would to the trick and people will use the links especially us in South Africa
    peace is a state of mind

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234