Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bosch power tools

Suspended
    Thanks

bosch power tools

i thought i would share this info so that nobody else gets caught with this product.

i am a firm believer ingood quality tools...which is why i only buy fluke...hilti...makita etc

well unfortunately i found a really nice battery drill made by bosch "professional" 10.8 volt lithium ion battieries...i thought what a handy tools used it for a week or so was so impressed i went out and purchased 3 of them for a project i was busy with which required lots of inserting and removing screws.

well 6 moths later one of the charger packed up so i thought it shouldnt be a problem...all my industrial tools like fluke and hilti have lifetime warranties...hilt has a 2 year free repair service...i thought bosch being an industrial machine would have a similar warranty...yeah right...3 month warranty on their product and even more bad news is they dont repair either...you have to buy a whole new set...lucky for me i have another 2 charger still which come in the packs not so lucky if i didnt have 2 spare ones...i would be in for another R1800.00.

i also had another bad experience with bosch i purchased a laser level...problem is the level is no so level...so i took it back but without my invoice they were not prepared to even look at it...anyway i got another one but got wise and tested it at the counter at bosch service centre...you wont believe it...it was also not level (accurate).

i had onther problems with one of their other drills but wont bore you with details...well a valuable lesson learnt dont waste my money buying bosch proffessional power tools...stick to what i know works and lasts and has good backup service...well makita service centre is not the greatest but at least their tools are good quality and last.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    A 10.8 volt system sounds pretty light for drills. No problems with the contacts welding up?

Thanks
    If you're anywhere near Cape Town and you want the charger repaired probably for 2 or 3 hundred bucks, let me know and I'll give you a name and number.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    A 10.8 volt system sounds pretty light for drills. No problems with the contacts welding up?
    dave the technology put into these new machines are awesome...some of the impact 10.8 volt machines produce over 100 nm of torque...i have a whole bunch of these tools now and use them more than any of my other battery drills...the bosc has ecp protection on the batteries...guarentee 1000 charges and 2 meter drop resistant...just a pity about their bosch backup service...my other 2 chargers are still working great.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Wait till you try get replacement batteries.

There are companies who will strip the old battery units, and replace the cells with new ones, so you can another 2 years of life again with out having to buy new equipment.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    yip there is a company in durban which does battery repacked...but the LI-ON batteries cost the same for new as the repack price...for the 10.8 volt...the last itime i checked they were around R450 to repack and R475 new...i have decided to buy new machines..they come with 2 battieries and a charger and the machine for around R1500 so it pays just to buy new ones.

i noticed the bosh 10.8 volt machines also come with a 2 meter drop warranty...i would love to see bosch SA bak that warranty.

my fluke TI 20 battery from fluke SA R2800...i had it repacked with a 2800 mA/h instead of the 2500 mA/h for R350 and had the temperatures fuse goodie fitted into the repack...so sometimes it pays but not always.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    i noticed the bosh 10.8 volt machines also come with a 2 meter drop warranty
    Are you serious? And how is anyone going to prove that it was dropped from exactly 1.999m and not 2.001m? Like you said, in SA that warranty won't mean a thing.

Suspended
    Thanks
    some of the fluke test equipment is also drop tested at about 2 meters...there are demonstrations on yotube

Suspended
    Thanks
    they must drop test cellphones because out of all my equipment i think the cellphone must hit the floor the most...there are pieces missing so bad that you can see all the internal working parts and it stll works

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    A couple of years ago at an electronics fair in JNB there was a compitition in which one could throw a Fluke against "their" wall and if it broke they would give you a new one for free. The guy just said throw it against the wall. Of course i didn't even think to throw it at the big target on their wall, i just threw it as hard as I could against the concrete wall. The Fluke didn't work anymore so they gave me a new one for free. The guy sheepishly told me afterwards that I wasn't meant to throw it against the concrete wall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast