Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Give For Life

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Give for Life

I think this issue popped up about 2/3 weeks ago. The concept involves a monthly amount of which a percentage goes to charity. Charities endorsed by leading celebs. As you recruit people so your dividend increases.
    I have not gone into it too much, but it seems like a straight pyramid scheme, only that some money goes to the charities. Have I missed something?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sterne.law@gmail.com View Post
    ....Charities endorsed by leading celebs.
    to fund their dinners

As you recruit people so your dividend increases.
    now this sounds a bit suspicious....

I am all for giving to a charity in lieu of sending off calender and pens at year end to our customers.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I think this issue popped up about 2/3 weeks ago.
    Both threads even had the same title
    If you're wondering why your post is now on page 3, I took the liberty of merging the two threads.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Both threads even had the same title
    If you're wondering why your post is now on page 3, I took the liberty of merging the two threads.
    Great now, having read all, I am even more amazed at how this is not a pyramid scheme.
    As to the celebrities - the celebrities are endorsing the charities. The give for life people in turn endorse the charities, this does not however mean that the celebs are endorsing the give for life concept.
    Every person that supports this idea harps on about teh charity aspect and evades any questions on how it works. It takes a few tough questions and some cross-examination before people answer straight.
    The jist is you give your money - 10 5 of that goes to charity and the rest goes into a fund. You recruit people and get paid a commision for that. you also earn comision for the people that your recruitees recruit. Now if that is not the very definition of a pyramid, what is?
    Make no mistake, either some one is very clever and we are missing something, or tehy are so clever that by making it so obvious that it is a pyramid that we presume it cannot be.
    Anyone know where the ponzi man is?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Yeah, it does seem to fit the definition of pyramid scheme just with bright lights, smoke and mirrors.

Thanks
    For me, the 'pyramid alert' screamed within the first 5 seconds of reading the OP.

I have seen good friend crash-&-burn over the years - all nice folks, who eventually poured their money & efforts into making the pyramid-builders rich. I hate pyramid schemes with a passion.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Pyramids doesn't have an end that's why people lose money. Network marketing must have a product or service that they sell and they must end so that everyone have equal opportunities to make money.

Now if you take that and apply it to Give For Life.
    1. They sell the service of raising funds for charities
    2. Its only 5 levels deep so you can only earn commission up to your 5th level.

Give For Life is a branch of The Giving Organisation with Archbishop Desmond Tutu as its Patron. On the 11 Feb 2010 they have reached the R46 mil mark for charities. They hope to reach R100 mil by the end of this year with the help of Give For Life.

Thanks
    The man is so slick... have to give him credit for trying.

The snake-oil showroom is down the road.
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Email problem
    Thanks
    If this is a scheme then why will reputable charities link their names with it. If they didn't stand to benefit from this they wouldn't do it. You can take a look at the letter that links the charities to Give For Life here.

Sorry about the quality but I had to take it out of their full brochure as I didn't think you would download it to read the whole thing.

Email problem
    Thanks
    As to the celebrities - the celebrities are endorsing the charities. The give for life people in turn endorse the charities, this does not however mean that the celebs are endorsing the give for life concept.
    If the celebs didn't endorse the Give For Life Concept then they would Victor Matfield - SA Rugby Player say in his video that he proudly supports Give For Life?

Go to www.giveforlife.hefty.co.za and listen to the celeb videos they all say that they Proudly support Give For Life.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast