Recently Jacob Zuma suggested civil servants shouldn't hold leadership positions in political parties and that the ANC policy of making political deployments in the civil service should be reviewed.

Personally I was cheering (although I don't hold much hope of it actually coming to pass any time soon ). However, SAMWU really doesn't like the idea.
African National Congress (ANC) president Jacob Zuma's remarks about municipal workers holding leadership positions in political parties has "disturbed" the South African Municipal Workers' Union (Samwu).

Zuma's comments were "part of a concerted effort to depoliticise and de-unionise the public service, which could be disastrous for the country and the working class", the union said in a statement on Wednesday.

It would discuss the matter with the ANC's leadership, offering it an opportunity to "clarify or apologise" for the Zuma's comments.
full story from M&G here
What is SAMWU's problem? To my mind the civil service should have been apolitical in the first place. It's supposed to serve all citizens, not just the party faithful.

How on earth could this be disastrous for the country - or the working class for that matter?