Thread: ID theft prevention not an issue with Liberty Health

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

ID theft prevention not an issue with Liberty Health

I needed to change my bank account details with my medical aid, Liberty Health.

They tell me via an anonymous email to fax my new banking details along with a copy of my id, a bank statement and a confirmation from the bank.

I ask them - what must the bank confirm? I am still waiting for an answer on this.

Then I ask them about security, id theft and fraud, and if they think in this day and age it is wise to send all these details through to an unknown fax line, to an unknown body and to a medical aid which has just taken over my original medical aid?

I get an machine type, unsigned, no name brand, response that says this is their rules and if I want the details changed then comply.

So I thought I would ask the forum as to whether I am just being paranoid and give them all my information or whether somebody knows another way around this problem? I thought that seeing they have a members sign on section they could include a profile update there, but alas this is not part of their system or part of their thinking even.

The reason I changed my banking details was because Nedbank did not want to change my address and I found it easier to close the account than it was to change details on ones account. I did not see the second Aholes coming along and the next move - maybe it is easier to change medical aids than it is to change the banking details. It was easy for them just to suck up my original medical aid, change the systems and admin without any reference to myself - but now that I want a change, its produce your life and put it at risk or we are not talking to you.
    Last edited by Marq; 08-Jan-10 at 10:38 AM.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com