Good day all? Could someone please tell me are the rights of a freelance ( informally appointed) salesperson protected in any way by the labor act?

I conduct, through three small business entities that belong to me, freelance marketing, sales and sales staff training for several small businesses. I recently secured the informal arrangement to conduct this service for a micro lender in my area. through referral this became two and then three. We entered into an informal co operation agreement that I would market their products and provide them with sales leads which they would process and in return for this service they were prepared to pay me a percentage of their commission ( rate varied between 40% and 50%)when the loans were paid out to the clients.
Because I intercept all the introductory response from the prospects I know that these credit suppliers/loan originators are still prepossessing the leads I gave them and from a mini market survey I conducted I ascertained that some of the clients have already been paid out the loaned money. My client has, without giving any reason, opted to not pay the I commission earned and has now stopped responding to any correspondence... and not taking my calls.
Being new and not knowing all the members fields of expertise I request leniency for possibly traversing several areas with this post. Besides civil action can any of you advise me on how to proceed with this matter? tell me how this matter would be looked upon by say the CCMA , NCR or fraud authorities. Thanks and have a good day