Thread: Political games 2010

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Political games 2010

While we might hope that this year will be remembered for World Cup 2010, political antics might steal the show.

How about this one as the first big gambit of the year:
    KING Buyelekhaya Dalindyebo’s lawyer has officially notified President Jacob Zuma that the AbaThembu nation intend to withdraw from South Africa early next year.

And the King is claiming much of South Africa for his new State – all of the Eastern Cape, KwaZulu-Natal, Western Cape, Northern Cape and parts of the Free State and Gauteng.
    Lawyer Votani Majola, who heads the King Dalindyebo Justice Task Team (KDJTT), submitted the notice to the Office of the Presidency yesterday.
    full story from Daily Dispatch Online here

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well if a man thinks he has the right to own South Africa because someone once said that he was royalty then so be it. Give him what he wants our government is good in doing just that. All the corruption all the demands and all the money that the tax payer lose, well this is the sum of it all.

Yes now the world can see the level of political understanding and self-righteous power we as a nation has to endure. Well I can only wonder what actions will there be if the king’s demands is not met? Who will die and who will suffer this time? And then ask yourself; is the reason of this suffering even plausible?

See this might be a joke but this rather bad joke will reflect on the state paying money for BS like this, money that hospitals prisons and police desperately needs to keep us healthy and safe. But the economic truth is South Africa is a house of cards and all it needs is the wind and everything will tumble down to ruin.

Still there is a second truth to all of this.

With effect from 6 January 2010, technically the South African government will not have jurisdiction over the land that belongs to AbaThembu Tribe.
    Now what laws will govern them? Knowing the old ways of Africa this will have alarming consequences if they revert to those old laws. How much death will follow this stupid joke I don’t know. I do know these things will get out of hand as history is about to repeat itself.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I scanned trough the 14 page letter and found a few things

We intend to name and shame in public all the names of the members and the ringleaders of the ANC Consortium aforesaid whose identities are known to us. The role that each member has played will also be disclosed in public. This will happen on or before the 19/01/2010.

43.AbaThembu will be persuaded to boycott all and any activity that is associated with the 2010 Soccer World Cup. In the same light AbaThembu will be persuaded to make use of all the public platforms provided by the 2010 Soccer World Cup to register our complaints.
    The fact is everyone else is not mentioned thus only the 10 million people that has royalty rights on basically everything. The question then must follow: what is going to happen to the rest of us if this campaign is successful. I know the chances are extremely remote but if 10 million people want something it is a bit difficult to say no.

Well time will be a factor because these people want action not talks
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think this needs to be born in mind:
    This follows Mthatha High Court sentencing Dalindyebo to 15 years’ imprisonment on a number of charges, including assault and culpable homicide.
    This may be a gambit to duck jail time. However, ploy or not, this is a Pandora's box. It could easily escalate to bigger things.

For starters, just how much loyal support (subjects?) King Dalindyebo might have in other parts of the country I have no idea. However, in KZN I can see another King who might see this as a usurper eyeing his patch.

Next, if the due course of law is interfered with to resolve such issues, other people might start getting ideas.

Or maybe the King is just following Jacob Zuma's example. If the law proves inconvenient, take ownership of it

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well land is land, sea is sea and air is air but if one thinks about this who has the legal right here? If the great many African kings have their way then a lot of us will have to pack our bags and go back to our “mother lands” See “taking ownership” of a country because it is your legal right is justifiable then taking land by force is also justifiable...

Now we are re-entering Roman times where bloody war and slavery expanded their colonial powers. Thus perhaps the oldest rules apply; >The bigger gun winds. and >History is written by the victor. So we have a group of people a rather large group. This group demand “everything” everyone ever worked for? I honestly feel it is a bit selfish but it has happened before and unfortunately history loves to repeat itself...

Thus this is Pandora’s box and I think our leaders are about to face the world of their making and I honestly think there is going to be a lot of difficulties ahead.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Now what laws will govern them? Knowing the old ways of Africa this will have alarming consequences if they revert to those old laws. How much death will follow this stupid joke I don’t know. I do know these things will get out of hand as history is about to repeat itself.
    he he he

bra jakes has just set the precedent as to what laws will govern. Quite bluntly, jakes has no regard for the law of the country, so, by extension, and by following what should be the perfect role model, majola and his abaThembu cronies consider that same law to apply to them too.

As they say in the classics, when in Rome...
    I'm one of the T's from TnT Unleashed Web design, photography and writing services
    http://www.1pic4twenty.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well people with real political power are always above the law, and yes the world sees it but there is really not a thing they can do about it. So basically it comes down to the law of the people... Yes this is an unwritten law that governs humanity in general. I am talking about the natural laws and it is these laws that defeated all the sadistic superpowers of the past.

I have a feeling that our government will come face to face with this law very soon because crime is not under control and it is already evident in townships and other such arias that the people are taking the law in their own hands. Make no mistake for every criminal will tell you they fear an angry mob more than any prison. Because in prison he or she still has rights. When an angry mob gets hold of this criminal it is game over.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I had intended to keep this thread updated with some of the more absurd political gambits during the course of the year. However, filled with the 2010 World Cup spirit of goodwill, most of the politics seemed pathetic rather than funny.

But this got my political funny bone working again and I thought maybe this was the appropriate thread for it:
    The Democratic Alliance (DA) on Tuesday delivered a petition containing 28 710 signatures protesting the draft Protection of Information Bill to Tuynhuys, President Jacob Zuma's office at Parliament.

Addressing a crowd of DA supporters following a march to Parliament, DA federal chairperson Wilmot James said: "We need to know what our government is up to, because, if it is doing the wrong thing, we want to say so and demand that it be made right.

"State information is our information, not only the government's," he said.
    from M&G here
    So far so good, but here's where things start getting a bit odd:
    The Constitution protected citizens' rights to have state information because citizens had ownership by virtue of taxation.

"That is how it should be in a democracy."
    OK. Someone's cocked that one up - either Wilmot James or the reporter Jaques Keet. If our entitlement is due to taxation, we're doing this democracy thing all wrong. Companies don't have the vote, and we're sitting with a whole pile of citizens who don't pay tax but do have the vote

Odd come quirky, but the ANC response to the march is downright hilarious.
    In a statement later on Tuesday, Motshekga's office said the DA's decision to march to Parliament in protest against the Bill, which was being processed by a parliamentary committee, was puzzling.

"Having just concluded public hearings on the Bill, Parliament is currently considering views from various sectors of our society to ensure that they form part of the final draft to be presented to the National Assembly sitting for voting."

The DA had always been, and continued to be, part of all parliamentary forums dealing with the Bill through its representatives in the institution.

"It is unheard of that a political party organises a march against an institution within which it enjoys a significant representation, thereby undermining and pre-empting the very formal process it is party to.

"It verges on the absurd as it is tantamount to MPs marching against themselves," he said.
    Like the ANC, who practically run parliament and government from their ANC headquarters, is taking any heed whatsoever of what the DA is saying in parliament, or the parliamentary committees.

Maybe he's right - they should have marched on Chancellor Luthuli House where the Bill really comes from

Last edited by Dave A; 12-Oct-10 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks
    The whole thing is a glorious hoot... LOL
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.