Thread: Easier to blame.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Easier to blame.

A little while ago I listened to some stupid radio station saying stuff like “We must sue car companies for making fast cars” and is in your face about that standpoint because they have the power of the radio.

Well I got the power of the internet! And I say speed doesn’t kill. No, the speed limit is 120km per 1 hour. And if you are too stupid to take note of the limit then you don’t belong on the road. As a speed of 120Km per 1 hour you are in total control of your car! But then you get a person on the highway that is driving 80km or 70km and immediately they are creating a possible danger because a slow moving car is a bigger problem on the road then a fast moving one.

So what is the problem? Well drunk driving is one problem and secondly we have low safety standards when it comes to cars. Sad but true South Africa is being raped by the car companies because we don’t get what we pay for. A standard car in almost any other country is a 4 star car and we still drive around with 0 to 2 star cars and we pay between 80000 and a 120000 for these cars.

Now let us look at what is possible:

> Roll-Cages
    > Air-Bags
    > All Round Disk Breaks or ABS
    > Crumbling Zones
    > Detection Systems

So the technology exist to build a safe car but then it gets expensive??? I don’t get it I can import a stunning car from England “every expensive country” and it will cost me 6000 Pounds NEW! For that same car we pay about R150000 and then it is stripped of everything useful. So we are being ripped off and the reason is Government controlled labour, Import TAX and low standards when it comes to cars.

So when you see a car accident know that Government is to blame, then look at our “Local” Car fabricators like Ford, BMW and VW to name but a few and ask them why entry level cars cost up to R50000 more than in any other country in the world?

The last problem I have is drunks driving! The police will fine me for smiling but they will NOT set up road blocks on weekends? What the hell is the point in having laws if it doesn’t get enforced? The truth is people drink and drive all the time. Nothing is being done to stop them from doing just that.

My logo for this year is “IF YOU DRINK AND DRIVE THE WORLD DOESN’T NEED YOU” Everyone screams death to smokers but it is NOT smoker that kill people on the road now is it? What about the mobile users? There are hands free systems but it doesn’t get used! Again you can thank the police for not doing their job.

So radio person open your eyes and have a good long look at what is happening. Take in consideration that TAXI drivers attack people with guns!!! And also take into consideration that half of all the trucks on our roads are NOT road worthy. Start with the real problem “the driver” and then you can say stupid stuff like cars must be limited.

I really hope you read this!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

2. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (03-Jan-10), tonyflanigan (04-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I tend to agree. You tell 'em

This is an interesting point:
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    So the technology exist to build a safe car but then it gets expensive??? I don’t get it I can import a stunning car from England “every expensive country” and it will cost me 6000 Pounds NEW! For that same car we pay about R150000 and then it is stripped of everything useful. So we are being ripped off and the reason is Government controlled labour, Import TAX and low standards when it comes to cars.

So when you see a car accident know that Government is to blame, then look at our “Local” Car fabricators like Ford, BMW and VW to name but a few and ask them why entry level cars cost up to R50000 more than in any other country in the world?
    Too true. But it can't be taxes, surely - not for locally manufactured vehicles. So what is the real reason?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Actually car companies are being taxed on basically everything but yes cars must be cheaper if a manufacturer is local. There is no excuse for a polo or even a little QQ to be so expensive. But can we blame bloodsucking management for our car prices. Yes we can but they are still not to blame in my eyes. Fact is what reason do South African car manufactures have to drop their cars in the 1st place.

Let us look at England again... what is it that they have that we need? Well there public transport system is second to none! So there it is. South Africans must own cars or they cannot work travel or even exist. Taxies are death traps and really not worth all the hot air coming from government. This system really must be scrapped.

So it is true then, our government tax and all is to blame for our overly expensive low safety cars. There is only one way to describe our government really “total lack of interest” There is no leadership there is no control so how can South Africa function? Well it can’t so perhaps our buddies in Australia can use a few more South Africans? Life has no value here and as history as pointed out on every single occasion. If life has no value then life can’t exist.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.