Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Right this is the best scam ever!

Thanks
    If you registered your game serial no. with STEAM then the game cannot be resold. It will not be possible for another purchaser to activate it so I doubt Musica will allow you to return it for refund.

If hypothetically you were really desperate and you pm'd me and if hypothetically I hooked you up with a disassembler toolkit to modify the executable. With several hypothetical edits to the executable in IDA Pro and the game .ini file with a text editor. Also hypothetically you'd need to install some updates but you could download these from a third party mirror, using a download manager and you should be able to salvage things each time you loose connection if your ADSL connection is intermittent. Finally hypothetically you'd need to launch the game into a locally hosted server loader. Hypothetically I could give you instructions but it wouldn't be for novices. If, hypothetically, it sounds like it's outside of your skill set then there could be prepacked patching kits at gamecopyworld dotcom which means you wouldn't need to get your hands quite so dirty but I couldn't vouch for them not containing malicious code so hypothetically you would need to take the usual precautions like sandboxing or set up a vm. Any hypothetical info given above is for educational purposes only, I would not, no ways, never recommend you actually carry them out.

2. Thanks given for this post:

desA (15-Feb-10)

Thanks
    I do love this virtual, hypothetical world...
    In search of South African Technology Nuggets(R), for sale & trading in South East Asia.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by desA View Post
    I do love this virtual, hypothetical world...
    Sounds like a nice game

Sorry, couldn't resist

5. Thanks given for this post:

desA (15-Feb-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well both game titles are really not bad but again I cannot play them so good or bad it makes no difference. And by getting your hands dirty is a complex exercise but again the point of owning an original is so that you don’t have to rewrite the EXE and INI files.

This is the point that is getting me down. We are not the criminals why are being treated like criminals? No I am going to do whatever I can to get these publishers to notice that the original game market is completely bogus.

People are losing a real amount of money here and I think it is time to makes some real waves.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    We are not the criminals why are being treated like criminals?
    It's a catch 22 thing. Steam is an anti piracy measure, all anti piracy measures make life difficult and in this case unbearable for legitimate users. This drives legitimate users to use pirated games which drives distributors to use more complex and convoluted anti piracy measures. It's a slippery slope and you're at the bottom of it Tec0.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My apologies, the problem is similar to Steams problems but I am pointing to 2K’s “Bioshock Super Hits” Addition. Let me explain the problem in more detail.

I got the 2K’s “Bioshock Super Hits” yesterday and tried to install it. Needless to say it wanted internet connection and download about 20MB worth of patches while it installed. This is mandatory to get the game to work.

Now there is no booklet or even an activation key in the box. Now After installation it is demanding to be activated with a Key that I simply don’t have and it will not function without it. So A the game like steam’s game is incomplete thus they are selling us software that cannot function at all.

Secondly once you go to the registration link on the 2K website. IT asks you for ALL your personal details and upon entering them and “registering” You don’t even get confirmation. Thus the game cannot be registered at all.

In my opinion this is theft.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    Bioshock came with SecuROM PA protection. As well as the usual angle based protection it will also only work with online activation. SecuROM is a highly invasive protection system that doesn't uninstall properly and you need to dig out of your registry manually. The jury's still out on whether there's a rootkit element to certain versions of it as well.

You say there's no literature with the game, did you buy it second hand? If you don't have a keycode with the game then I don't fancy your chances of getting it to work legally.

Email problem
    Thanks
    This is the reason why people start looking for alternatives to buying original games, and cracking them so the online activation is not necessary. Thats where you get fraud etc.

Thanks
    But is it fraud if you have bought an original copy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast