Went into my my website to find a dreaded google warning message that my site hosts malware and 'visiting this site may harm your computer'.

I discovered that a few files had been hacked and a bunch of javascript code had been added at the end of the files.

Seeing as its just a static site with no sql or other means to break in, I assume they came in through the front door.

So I queried this with webafrica, who are avoiding the issue and telling me I must change my website write permissions and then it will be safe.

Can anyone tell me whether this is my fault or should I not expect this isp to safeguard our sites from basic scenarios like this?

Besides being elusive about the situation, this isp continues to be obtuse and unhelpful whenever I have a problem. Is it normal to be treated as if one has a degree in this stuff and they talk down to you like a turkey or do you get helpful people out there in isp land who would guide you through a situation like this.

Obviously I had a problem but their initial response is ..send us an email and we will respond sometime. Then next came the ....it will cost me R300 for a restore from their side message, then nothing.......I reloaded the site and then had to figure out the google resubmit and webmasters tools etc to get back in action. No help from Webafrica........Its obviously time for a change.........mmmmm........yes I feel a new years resolution coming on.