Thread: Discrimination in lease agreement?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Discrimination in lease agreement?

Well a few months ago I was forced to move thanks to crime to a more secure area. Now the aria I live in now is OK... we have 24 security and the rules that I agreed to specify that there will be NO excessive noise or loud music.

So I was assured by contract that I will have peaceful nights. Then in the first month I had to get my clothing dry and made a plan with some rope and just secured it so that my stuff can hang in the sun. I was eminently confronted and told that it is NOT ACCEPTIBLE, and I was given a warning.

Cool I removed the rope and continued with my life. However in our contract it is stated NO excessive noise or loud music will be tolerated! BS! For the past 2 months now I have complaint that the person staying next to me is partying all day and all night without any form of restraint.

So I complained and a formal warning was given. But with no effect he is louder than ever and I am paying a LOT of money to stay in this damn place so basically my lease agreement is violated and I now feel I want to move and get my money back because if they can give me fines and warnings for letting my washing dry in the sun then I want some action when someone is disturbing the peace!

So is it at all possible for me to get my money back “deposit and monthly instalment? Because I paid for a service and agreed to a contract and the contract was NOT uphold by both management and the local caretaker!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

2. Thanks given for this post:

BBBEE_CompSpec (14-Dec-09)