Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FRAG Showcase

Thanks

FRAG Showcase

We're less than 6 weeks away from the BIGGEST Network Gaming event Durban sees each year!!! We're not going for 600 this year. We're planning on making it a full 500-man LAN with 90% of the LAN being Gigabit (best you buy your ticket and book your seat ASAP)!

So, who is AMPED?!?!?

Finer details are as follows:

Date: 11-13 December 2009
    Time: 10:00 (11th) - 10:00 (13th)
    Place: Edgewood College Dininghall, UKZN, Pinetown
    Cost: please visit http://shop.frag.co.za for details on prices.
    see http://www.frag.co.za for more details or contact 0837924774 (douglash)

Bookings will only be accepted upon payment for the seats. No reservations will be made without payment.

So, next up on the list, tournaments. The tournaments to be played will be as follows:

Call of Duty 4: 5 v 5 Search & Destroy (Promod Live - AGASA Maps & FRAG Ruleset)
    DoTA: 5 v 5
    Crysis Wars: Team Deathmatch 2 v 2
    Counter-Strike Source: 5 v 5 KOTH (minimum of 8 teams needed to enter ; pay2play tournament)

plus more to be finalised...

Prizes, well, that's always a sensitive subject for majority of the real "competitive" players in the gaming fraternity. This year, the prizes are not confirmed yet, they will be as soon as possible, but the prize pool will be in the region of approx. R30 000. FRAG is endeavouring to give prizes as far down as 5th place for this event.

This year promises to be the best Showcase yet. The usual FRAG attendees are buzzing and have all commented that they are looking forward to the Showcase. There'll be a pool, volleyball, pool table, Xbox setups, giveaways, promotions, etc. at this event.

More details will be added as they are confirmed, but let's face it, the only way the Showcase will be a Showcase is if YOU buy a ticket and make it happen!!

Any queries, comments, suggestions, critique, etc. can be posted on our forums.

Looking forward to it...? We are....!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You're not kidding about the "less than 6 weeks away"

3. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (11-Dec-09)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    When I was still on the LAN seen, you play, you win and all you got was bragging rights. My games were good old UT and Q3 that wasn’t computer eaters. Let’s not forget the Starcraft last man standing challenge! Hell it was a game of utter supremacy and yes again all you got was a nice little “print screen”

Now it is just about the money... How much you can make or win. Well nothing is free....

Thanks
    I miss the different admission fees for those who want to game and those who were there for the... um... bandwidth...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The “leaches” I kept a few DOS based “program” for them on my system when they restart there systems it will auto format the system with a nice quick format... no questions ask it is a simple program really but it worked... Still file sharing in a game session is murder on the network back then... That is why I stopped going eventually...

Thanks
    I'm sure many people would be swearing and calling you a "wanker" for being such an "asshole" gigabit networks make it easier on the network overall for gaming and filesharing.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well, the reason for my program was noble. If someone steels your family photos from your computer and use them for their own amusement?? Then damn right I will get agro about!

And I did... The natural law demands; don’t get mad get even so I wrote it! Yes whipping someone’s computer is “not nice” but hacking an unsuspected gamer? That is also not nice. Not only did it lag the game and made you lose!!!!! You see people giggling at your relatives!

Well I got my revenge and 9 people watched how there “new 120GB HDD” got formatted... mmm jip I am a asshole but! I can live with that...

And honestly if they left me alone the second time around, nothing would have happened.

Thanks
    hey woah woah woah... let's get a few definitions straight here. "Leaches" as you call them, will go to a lan to download stuff that is OPENLY AVAILABLE through the lan. if you had your docs shared, don't blame them.

If you're there for the gaming, you shouldn't have anything shared. having stuff people are interested in getting open on the network and expecting your game to be uneffected is like dangling a million dollars in your front lawn with "free" written all over it and expecting no one to cross the boundary.

"Hackers" on the other hand are looking for your sensitive information and if they get nailed then practically no one cares except the kiddie who just got pwnd.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Script kiddie's is a real problem at LAN’s and yes they do target anyone to exercise their new found power. I don’t share files... I don’t download files... Too much crap and too many viruses thus I go to do one thing play games... but thanks to hackers and BS it is just no fun anymore so I keep to myself and LAN in small groups of 40 or so friends. It is just as much fun.
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    ...and LAN in small groups of 40 or so friends. It is just as much fun.
    That's a small LAN?

If you're all jacked into the same game, I reckon it'd be pretty hectic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast