Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: And the lights go out again.

Thanks

Cost of heating water with gas

Can anyone advise me on where I can find info on, the cost of using gas to heat bath water compared to electricity.
    I spoke to one person that has gas who claims that is a 1/4 of the price and another that claims it is triple the price.
    Kevin

Thanks
    With a gas hot water heater you only heat water when it is needed, so there is no cost in keeping the water hot (as with an electric geyser).

Gas costs more per kilowatt (about double if I remember correctly, but don't quote me on that), so it depends a bit on how much water you are using as to whether you will save or not. I *think* that a domestic household will generally save money using a gas hot water heater.

Do take into consideration that gas (LPG) prices are not regulated, and there were a couple of supply issues last year in the winter. Prices can vary dramatically, especially in the middle of the winter.

I guess that they install two 19kg bottles for that type of thing, so you should always have gas, unless you let both run out (one should carry you over if there is a supply issue).

Come to think of it, the supply issues were mainly with 9kg bottles - I was always able to get the bigger sizes.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.