Thread: Great RSS feeds

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Great RSS feeds

Got any suggestions. The Thingamy thread really got me thinking - there's got to be some really great RSS feeds out there.

Time to broaden the horizons.

Thanks
    At the moment my top ones are,

1. Guy Kawasaki's "How to change the world" - Guy Kawasaki is a venture capitalist and ex-Mac chief evangelist. He has written a number of books, including "The Art of the Start" and "Rules for Revolutionaries".
      Biggest things I learn from him? How to "evangelise" your product/business, all kind of things about start ups, how to communicate better, and more. http://blog.guykawasaki.com
    2. Jacobson Attorney's - Paul Jacobson writes openly about various legal issues, and being an attorney in South Africa. I really enjoy his style and the content is informative. [url]http://www.jacobson.co.za[/url
    3. Small Business 2.0 - Great info about marketing in a "web 2.0" world and how that relates to small businesses. An enjoyable read. http://www.smallbusiness20.com/
    4. The Art of Engineering - About design, electronic engineering and running an engineering business in the context of South Africa as well as getting to know the underlying philosophy of Engineer Simplicity......well, what can I say....had to put this here for some gratuitous advertising http://blog.engineersimplicity.com

There are quite a few others that I read at the moment, with lots focussed on usability and interfacing with technology, but I'm still figuring out which ones are worth the read.
    Last edited by duncan drennan; 11-Jan-07 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added URL's to websites
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've started starting research on RSS is a fair way.

Duncan - I see you are reading your RSS feeds through feedburner.com as opposed to directly from your browser. Any particular reason why?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Duncan - I see you are reading your RSS feeds through feedburner.com as opposed to directly from your browser. Any particular reason why?
    Feedburner is a service for distributing your feeds. It gives the feed provider (e.g. me with my blog) info about subscribers etc. and also allows some useful customization of feeds (e.g. add "Digg this" to the feed.

I use Thunderbird, my mail client, to read the feeds. Feedreader is another good client for accessing feeds. With both of them you will see new feed items as they come in.

IE7 has a decent feed reader, but you have to go and check to see if new feed items have come in. Also, I use Firefox in general.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog