I came across an article predicting the doom of the e-Newsletter

Reaching Small & Medium Businesses (SMB) through e-newsletters is becoming tougher. Spam-blockers are stopping a lot of them and new emerging mediums like blogs and discussion communities are distracting small business owners from the traditional e-newsletter.

The drop-off in readership of e-newsletters is disappointing to many SMB marketers because the economics are so attractive; in theory you can regularly keep in touch with millions of customers and prospects for pennies per message. In fact, in a recent Warrillow study of small business owners with less fewer than 100 employees, one-third of those surveyed say they have read an e-newsletter in the last three 3 months.
I think it will be a long time before we see the end of email newsletters and promotional activities, but there are some important things to think about. One of the big ones is SPAM, which newsletters are heavily subject to. There are plenty of legitimate business' who have struggled with this.

RSS (Real Simple Syndication) by its nature is something which the end user specifically fetches (almost like downloading your mail, but you download the content of the RSS feed). There are also a number of things you can do with RSS like ad advertising, customise it to look the way you would like etc.

What are you using to communicate with your clients? Are feeds too much of a leap for end-users? With people already suffering under SPAM problems, are feeds not a more effective way of getting info to a user?

A feed is definitely the way that I'm going to go for communicating with clients/prospects/etc. in the future, I'm hoping the barrier to entry won't be an issue, but with IE7, Firefox and apparently Vista having built in support I think we are going to see an marked rise in this form of communication.