Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Accounting Package

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greghsa View Post
    If you are looking at Pastel try junkmail or bidorbuy for people selling second hand packages etc.
    Excuse my ignorance, but can you actually buy a second hand Pastel package ?

Is the license not unique to the original licensee especially if the original licensee upgraded to new versions ? I donno !
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

Thanks
    I purchased a Pastel Point of sale package recently from a client that went out of business. A new point of sale package would have cost in the region of R6k but I got it for R2k. The seller just needed to send Pastel a letter on a letter head to say that they have disposed of the package and the reason. Pastel then did a name change. Pastel tried to get me to upgrade to the latest version (which would have cost R700), but I was not forced to.

Thanks
    I have subsequently contacted Neville Bailey from Double Entry Forum and his reply was as follows:

"Yes, it is possible.

If the package has already been registered, then you need to get hold of Pastel and they will send you certain documentation to fill in, in order to effect the transfer of the registration from the seller to the buyer.

If the package has not yet been registered, then the buyer simply has to register the package in the normal manner."'

BUT

If the package has been upgraded to a newer version by the original purchaser, the old package cannot be licensed. So just beware that you do not buy such a package. On top of this you would not know until you contact Pastel if the above is the case.
    Sooo...... just make sure before you part with your money.

At the risk of repeating myself. For you guys and dolls out there using Pastel, please join the Double Entry Forum. The administrator is a VERY knowledgeable person on Pastel and many a problem has been solved without having to spend hours on the phone to Pastel support. For the people that does not have support anymore ( at a ridiculous price ) this is your answer and it's free.
    This is the site: http://www.doubleentry.co.za
    Martin Coetzee
    Supplier of Stainless Steel Band and Buckle and various fastening systems. Steel, Plastic, Galvanized, PET and Poly woven.
    We solve your fastening problems.
    www.straptite.com

You may never know what results will come from your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results... Rudy Malan 05/03/2011

4. Thanks given for this post:

greghsa (04-Nov-10)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinco View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself. For you guys and dolls out there using Pastel, please join the Double Entry Forum. The administrator is a VERY knowledgeable person on Pastel and many a problem has been solved without having to spend hours on the phone to Pastel support. For the people that does not have support anymore ( at a ridiculous price ) this is your answer and it's free.
    This is the site: http://www.doubleentry.co.za
    Just a slight correction - I have removed the link to my forum on my website for the meantime (I am trying an experiment for a while - details to follow in due course). However, if you wish to sign up to the forum, go to http://www.doubleentry.co.za/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl.

Of course, I am willing and able to assist anyone on this forum with their Pastel queries!
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Hi Neville, had a look at your website and forum. Can you possible advise what your pricing for support etc. I do not want to register etc. without knowing how much its going to cost eventually. I assume the forum is free but every now and then I have corrupt data and Pastel charges! Also do you do Pastel Payroll?

Thanks
    Hi Greg,

I have sent you a Private Message.

By the way, I have created an Interest Group for Pastel users - go here to check it out.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Email problem
    Thanks
    I have been using peachtree hosting and so far it has been good and productive in the sense that data can be managed online securely and its not limited to a particular site great.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234