Are banks really your best friend? When it comes to property we all know it is expensive and basically impossible to own because you don’t have the cash. These days the same can be said about cars but I am not going into that just yet.

Here is my problem, when a bank gives you a home loan there investment will grow and basically double their money. Now have a good look at your investments at the bank it doesn’t double and you pay tax on your investment so you lose.

The question now is why is property so expensive? I cannot answer that question just yet but take in consideration that all property “developments, sale, resale and anything to do with property gets processed by the banks thus property gets expensive because there is only one real benefactor “the bank”

Sadly the same is true with cars. Especially cars that is still relativity new. One car a simple R56000 car can have up to 4 owners but in the end of its life the bank would have owned it at least 4 times. So again the bank is the only benefactor.

My question is when it comes to owning property, is it possible to keep the bank out of the loop? The answer is no... “I stand to be corrected on this” but as I see it the bank is part of everything you do and anything you do at the bank cost you money so basically the bank cannot lose. Only we can lose... why is that? “Now before you give me the “that is how it is” lecture” think about this, if every South African gives the bank R1 everyday of our lives how can there be a recession?

The money is there but we are not benefitting from it.