Thread: I hope VW South Africa burns in hell!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thumbs down I hope VW South Africa burns in hell!

I got the worst news ever today when a sales person told me that VW SA “also known as baby killers” is indeed ending the life of the little MK1. This humble little golf gave VW its reliability that we as South Africans identify as the “little matchbox”

Yes from the little sports hatch to the less powerful 1.3 these cars prove to be almost indestructible. And I love them, for everything that they are they represented the middle class individual and help made South Africa grate.

After 38 years of pure service WV South Africa now wants to murder this patriot this symbol of freedom and selflessness. All in the name of Money I really hope the CEO that gave the order dies a horrible and painful death.

The fact is there is nothing that can compare to the MK1 when it comes to value for money! It is a good car and I don’t think VW SA have a brain because they are killing there number one seller. Clearly they these people worship Satan and drink baby blood because no normal human will ever allow the MK1 to die. Well that is what you get when you put a heartless money sucking asshole in charge of productions.

I hope someone drown him in urine. Well I will never look at a VW again because they have no more soul no more real feeling for the young individual. I bet you VW will be so bloody expensive that you will be tempted to consider walking for the rest of your life.

But that is the reason behind the death of the MK1. VW no longer wants to be considered as a middleclass vehicle. But I think they will see the error of their ways when there company is bank robbed and dismantled! In fact I hope who ever made this decision gets swine-flu the deadly kind or a cross breed of swine-flu and Ebola with gastro.

In the end VW sold out... I always thought that VW is for the people now we know that VW is against the people. They hate the middleclass. Rather rebrand yourself to slime balls or something more fitting. In my eyes VW is dead.

So VW thanks for messing up the future. I can think of a million more vulgar words to call you but you are not worth my time anymore.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    MK1 = Citi Golf?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is but one of the models that will die. I cannot tell you how angry I am. I always thought that these little cars will be there forever. Really they are the only cars that you can still afford as a 1.6 now you are stuck with nothing.

This just prove that VW lost their soul and is backstabbing the sub-middleclass people that basically carried them throughout the recession and yes VW will be for the rich only now.

So I for one ripped all my VW caps of my wall along with the porters that I had and dumped it. Fact is I will never look at a VW again because they are no longer worthy of the name Volkswagen.

The car for the people just became the car for the rich.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Citi Golf.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	931  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I believe the MK1 was discontinued around the rest of the world quite a few years ago. In fact VW SA extended the life of the product locally.

To be fair, it might not be entirely VW's fault. With the insurance for Citi Golf problem, to some extent the writing was on the wall.

What I find interesting is VW has produced two icons that have raised considerable resistance to them being discontinued - the Beetle and the MK1 Golf. They seem to have a knack for producing cars that elicit a strong emotional attachment.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can assure you that my new found hatred against VW is more than just based on my emotions. Fact is the VW “City Golf” was a good car and it had a 1.4 engine in it. Now we are stuck with 900cc cars that will cost you over R55000 with a top speed of about 134 kilometres per hour. Now VW was the only manufacture left that builds a good 1.4 engine car that was actually affordable.

Secondly if you look at the VW polo. The base model is financed at 20% deposit with a 30% reserve value thus you will be paying double! You don’t get anything for your money and it is the 1.4 engine that needs to cope with a 1.3 ton body. It is total BS.

The fact is the people’s car is no longer the people’s car. Honestly I will no longer support VW I will no longer care how good their cars are because I and the millions of sub-middleclass South Africans are not good enough for VW anymore. Thus they “VW” can take their stuff and leave.

I swear I will never touch a VW again ever.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

insurance

You are right a simple call to a friend of mine that own a“new City Golf” told me that he is paying good amount on it for insurance and that is after he had a tracking system installed.

This is wrong from the insurance company and basically statistical abuse because they are discriminating against the VW owners by generalising their behaviour. Basically on this principle you can up everyone’s life insurance just because statistically you have a 1 in 10 chance to get shot in South Africa. And use this as new grounds to make millions more just because they have no real regulation governing there charges.

Fact is insurance saw something they can abuse and they are abusing it outright. If all of us have to base our lives on stats alone then you can get go and buy drugs for your kids round about now. Most “youth movements” will have you believe that every child is a drug user. What about the 20% that said no to drugs why are they not being counted?

So basically it is BS and just a money making propaganda. Fact is then we must demand insurance to be 100% tax deductible because it is our police system that is failing not the owner of the car “any car”.

Thanks
    mate, I think there are a few goods and bads here. I'm in agreement that seeing it go is going to suck but just give this a thought.

it's a 38 year old design. safety standards have improved a heck of a lot, and even though VW made some additions to the newer versions, it's still not as safe as some of the others.
    these new models are heavy and aimed at looks rather than performance. I don't disagree with you there. BUT there must be a reason why there is that focus. if the cars weren't selling, they'd probably change their strategy. in the end, it's the consumer who says "I'm going to buy this" (albeit with the nudge of the seller through ads and hype).
    Insurance has, and always will be, a pain in the a**. Especially when you consider how they generalise. It's because you can't prove that you're any different. they'll laugh at driving logs and pat you on the back before telling you to "get serious."
    That said, what happens when you write off your car? especially when it's your fault...
    In the end, we cannot forget that a company is out there to stay ahead of the competition, and to make MONEY. It's the way the world works.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Right let us look at the safety problem first. Crumble-zones are basically metal designed to absorb and displace force. Thus keeping you safe. Now to redesign a car to have these “Crumble-zones” takes a lot of money and trust me you WILL be paying for it in the end of the day.

However if look at the broad spectrum of design, these “Crumble zones” can be made to look like anything and thus “updating a design rather than making a new one can possibly be more cost effective”. Secondly air bag technology can be made to fit almost any car.

But I really think we are barking up the wrong tree. Fact is there are a lot of small, safe and underpowered cars out that don’t cost a lot of money. So then be-gone little City-Golf. Come what? And this is important because what model will replace the “City-Golf” and maintain a good basic price with a good basic engine?

Everyone thought it is the little Polo, but taking the Polo’s price and constant facelifts into consideration it can’t be the Polo because the base model cost as much as the “City-Sport 1.6”. So can it be that VW just wants to get rid of this old car and replace it with hot-air? The answer is yes. There is no “real” replacement for the City-Golf that is affordable.

The truth is I am happy to pay more insurance to drive a car that is in total “cost effective” for the sub-middleclass to middleclass individual. The little City-Golf was that car. But after the City-Golf is killed off... There are no real plans to put something in its place. That is why I am so angry at VW. It is a rich-man’s toy now. And the truth is you can’t a rich-man’s toy seriously. And it is in that respect that VW failed to stand by their name. Volkswagen “the people’s car” It is no longer for the people...

Thanks
    Such passion here.

I really agree with this
    Fact is then we must demand insurance to be 100% tax deductible because it is our police system that is failing not the owner of the car “any car”.
    Why should we have to go to all these extra lengths to protect ourselves and our assets, just because society is out of control?

Its similar to the Community Policing scenario. We work hard all day to earn a salary, which the government then taxes a huge portion thereof, supposedly to cover expenses such as community security. Then we must come home at night to go out into the streets and to meetings and take part in Community policing to protect ourselves. What is the point of any of this?

Then we are forced to buy a car that costs a brazillian more because it has 10 extra locks in place and the government collects an additional 14% on that, still doing bugger all about the problem that created the situation in the first place. So we spiral downwards into an ever increasing hole of BS, while the government man buys a fancy car that has always had the 10 locks plus with your 14%, and couldn't give a toss about the problem because supposedly he does not know anything about it.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Taking into consideration that you pay extra for “safety in your car” then you have to pay extra for insurance “because statistics say you must” but the BS is not done with you yet! No... You must now buy an expensive car because the model you can afford has been discontinued.

And I really do want to point out that the City-Golf is probably the most popular car of choice when it comes to your fist car as a young person. Right take in consideration that the City-Golf is locally build and manufactured it is basically dirt cheap to maintain. Now VW killed the City-Golf thus we only have IMPORTS! This is bad for us because now our money is going OUT of the country thus we as a nation are being robbed!

So how can we justify this! Then you have to point out possible job losses that will follow this move. VW South Africa is not making this move in our best interest and they know it!