Quote Originally Posted by Franb View Post
I have an HR consulting Company. You will be surprised how many "larger" businesses do not have the basics in place and this causes endless headaches.
It is sad that there are still people out there trying to screw their workers. Yes, it is not only SMME's that do not have the infrastructure, but big corporates too. The CEO's of these big companies often state that their staff is their biggest asset, so why then treat them as if they are dispensable?

In marketing we know that good service is not what we think it is, but how the customer experience or perceive it. The same applies to staff. Put yourself in their position and see if you would be happy with working conditions etc. (see under cover boss on Discovery channels)

I believe a lot of HR and IR problems can be pre-empted by having more compassion and the right attitude to staff. Experienced staff are more productive and can save you a lot of money in training cost, problem solving and finding new, innovative ways to do things.

I am not advocating for higher salaries or staff benefits. I am just asking for employers to be fair and to do the right thing. Do not for instance deduct UIF, pension and tax and not pay it over. Do not cheat your employees or discriminate between different departments or business units. Be fair, be a true leader.