Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: smokers!

Thanks
    Your pleasure is to smoke.
    My pleasure is to drink beer.
    The by product of your pleasure is second hand smoke.
    The by product of my pleasure is 'piss'
    If you promise not to exhale where I will not be inundated by your second hand smoke I promise not to piss where you will get splashed!
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Right for starts I selected this old article to point out how long they have been working on this law. As I understand it, this law is now in full power. The thing is smokers don’t bother me that much. It is on a Friday night when I get home from work that I see all the drunk drivers speeding around and making skidpans of our roads. Now there are no traffic cops that even bother to stop them?
    agreed. there aren't really patrols. just along the main roads. you have to complain and even that doesn't cause anything.

Secondly what about car emissions? These gasses are also toxic and can kill you. However again our traffic cops are happy to stare at an old bus puffing black smoke with kids on their way to school. Then there is the “unwashed coals” that is used in “most townships” This stuff is poison but because it’s out of sight it is out of mind.
    too right. I used to get POed about buses with those issues. and 4x4s. Problem is, most of them are PUBLIC transport and thus have "metropolitan" on their sides. ever seen a cop pull over a cop? about as likely to happen to the buses. Gov would have to get their s**t together properly to make that work.

Fact is smoking has therapeutic qualities. It is not healthy “like most medications if abused” but it does help with anger, stress and there is speculation that even helps people with depression. If you look at the effects of most anti-depression medications you will find that they can also be harmful to your health.
    Therapeutic to the smoker, certainly. however, I do believe offence would be taken if someone started pushing anti-depressant meds down your throat.

Fact is smokers are visible and that is why the government will pick on them. If you look at illegal drugs in our aria it is scary because nothing is being done about it! So why not attack the illegal drug trade first? Simple it is harder work thus more difficult...
    absolutely. But no one is stupid enough to go out to a mall and blaze up a joint or pull out their kit and shoot up.

I can also point out the steel plants and the mining industry and point out that the polusion they generate is deadly to us and nature but no one cares about this because they have money...
    incorrect. Plenty of people hate that it's happening. It's just that their power is greater than those people. The golden rule: he with all the gold, makes the rules.

This is wrong! And you know it. Why are the honest people always under attack? Criminals don’t care because nothing gets done to stop them so basically a mixed massage
    Agreed. There shouldn't be a situation where one "wins" over the other. that's not right. This could have been handled differently. there could be better measures in place to combat this issue. they're not going for it. such is life.

Thanks
    My brother is a smoker and ever since he moved in with me, i've started to hate smokers more by the day.

I'm going to buy him a electric cigarette but perhaps there might be someone here who knows which one is a good choice.

I've had a look at www.electroniccigarettestore.co.za
    and they seem pretty good at a reasonable price.

Any comments?
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    There is an electric solution.

Put his fingers, that have nothing to do but hold a smoke, into an electric socket.
    Then he can really go up in smoke. Smells a bit for a while but problem goes away.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    The problem doesn't go away, it just change, as in me going to jail.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just to calrify, this Act was introduced and in operation as at June 1993, I presume Tesco by your comment, that it is took so long is related, to the new amendments introduced recently that have been promoted and given much publicity, as if new.

Naturally smokers will not like the rules and non smokers will be happy. Quite frankly the non smokers deserve this Protection. Smokers, in the majority are inconsiderate and could not care less, take how they litter, if you like cigarettes so much why do you throw it out the window? Why not use your car ashtray?Oh I forgot it stinks!!!
    I am, obviously, a non smoker. I however actually HAD no problem with smokers, I have dated and lived with smokers and never had issue. My stance has changed drastically since the new amendment. As a restaurant operator I obviously have the misfortune to have to deal with the issue - frist hand. It is absolutely ridicolous the attitude smokers have. I never made the law, but I have to enforce it I am faced with the big fine, not the delinquent who refuses to observe the law. I have had people like school kids trying to hide the cigarette, lean over the wall and say we not on premises, tell their wife "to keep chips" and a bundle of other similiar acts. Face the facts people, this is the law and thats that. the argument of what about this what about that is once again an indication of the mindset of a 3 year old. It is the same as getting a parking fine or a speeding fine, you break the rules you get punished thats it.
    As to the restaurants building smoking sections, that is indeed a valuable insight. Smokers will sart making their decision to go where they can smoke and that is fair enough, and restaurants will see this as a competitive advantage, and see the outlay as an investment.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I am undergoing chemo for something I didn't allow to grow. I use three asthma pumps per day due to the fact I cannot breath where smokers are. Some of my rights to life and privacy are being infringed. Everybody has the right to life. It is like a murderer killing a person, denying him his right to life, and then begging for mercy from the gallows because he has the right to life. Think of us who do not smoke.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Not really. In SA you need a body and ashes don't count.

Email problem
    Thanks
    I like the last reply!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I get it really I do... Still I have seen how smoking can help with anger and yes, the people would have been abusive otherwise. This is the point I am making. Smoking is more than just a bad habit it has it’s positive side to it. You cannot argue when it comes to the deferent effects alcohol has to smoking.

Secondly facilitate smoking is to put them in a room with filtered air-conditioning so that they can smoke without any negative effect to us the none smokers. If you worked at the mines you know how many people smoke because of stress and nothing else. That is the truth!

No you can go about and scream murder but I don’t agree with a lot of stuff. Alcohol is a bigger danger then smoking and is just as addictive... the only deference is people that smoke and stops becomes irritated and basically unbearable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast