Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does not believe load shedding is still with us?

Email problem
    Thanks
    So many importers lost loads of money bringing in Generators to assist with the power issue.
    Yes of course their main thinking was making money, but for many it wasn't a jump on the quick money wagon. some were dealing in the field for years.
    Government promised assistance to these importers, but nothing came of it.
    so much for support. We must pay for their mistakes, as well as handling the lost of generators sales due to those who jumped and dumped a lot of unsupported generators in the market.

keep well !!!!

Thanks
    We are into the next week ...so far - no outages. My Monday loadshedding theory broken.

So either I was wrong or Eskom peoples are on this site and know that we are onto them ....or................... its still coming.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If I may, the mining industry is responsible for few of Eskom’s many troubles. I wish to point out the following in Eskom’s defence. See I happen to know that the quality of coal being provided is rubbish! The good stuff gets exported. But the fact is Eskom is paying good money and they are receiving scraps from the local mines. The mining industry will state that they do quality checks on their coal but again! I just happen to know that a few thousand tons of crap just seems to appear overnight.

However Eskom is planning to address this problem by installing a system that will monitor the quality of coal. This system cannot be fooled and it is really impressive because it is fully automated and accurate. Most importantly it does continues quality checks in real time! There is really no way around it.

But it is time that we turn our attention to the many industries surrounding Eskom. They also have a lot of explaining to do, especially on the contractor side of things. Fact is most contractors still refuse to give training? I know for a fact that Eskom IS looking at this problem and when addressed you will see a lot of unhappy contractors.

I fear that Eskom must address these problems and soon because right now there skills development program is a joke... The fact is Eskom will go the way of the Dodo bird if they don’t wake up and soon.

Point blank. Eskom must get there house in order or they will go down taking South Africa with them... Face it, without power there is nothing; no economy, no jobs, no clean water, no industry... I think you are getting the picture.

Thanks
    I'd still like to see a solid initiative on eskom's side to push through renewable energy to extremes. The initial capital outlay would probably push them deep(or deeper) into the red, but knowing that there is a source of power that isn't being held at gunpoint would ease things alot. The coal industry can and will push eskom around if it means they get to dump their shoddy stuff and export the good. In essence, they're shafting this country.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Our power at the office went down this afternoon from 3.00pm. But poweralert isn't showing any load problems.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Atomic Energy is the future but thanks to every single activist known to breathe air we cannot use it because it will be bad for you. Still in the end of the day it is our only option. Yes other technologies do exist but Nuclear power is proven to work effectively. However Bla bla bla bla... BAD bla bla bla bla... EVIL bla bla bla bla... The truth is what it is...

Thanks
    Sure, it works effectively, but with south africa constantly blurring the line on dumping, how soon do you think it will be before we have 2 headed turtles swimming everywhere?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12