Thread: New Approach Marketing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Thumbs down New Approach Marketing

I had a call from a business owner in Pietermartizburg running a similar operation to mine.

He has been contacted by a company called 'New Approach Marketing' who have hounded him with many calls in relation to his website and the SEO thereon over the past few days.

The reason that he called me and the reason this is posted here on the scam section is that they have used my website as a reference site. Apparently, the reason my site is so high up on the Google rankings is thanks to them.

Now I am most flattered that they believe this to be great and want to take the credit and steal my thunder, but I do not like being used along these lines. They apparently charge R1400 a month - which is also a scam in itself.

They also state that they are a 'google certified company' - There does not appear to be anything like this out there - does anybody know about this?
    Related to this could be 'google adspend certified' which is just some criteria that google reflect based on adspend in the country that you are operating - easy to obtain and does not mean much. It seems though that you have to do at least $100,000 a month for at least a three month cycle in the country that you operate from. Do you think that any 'company' in south africa could actually achieve this? I don't know the answers as there do not appear to be any out there. Neither is there a list of 'certified' companies or individuals. Strange that a company like google with all its information cannot provide the basic need to know list. google-adwords-qualified-company-fraud-or-not/.
    Last edited by Dave A; 20-Aug-09 at 04:27 PM. Reason: SEO
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com