Thread: Inane Call center operator scripts

Thanks

Inane Call center operator scripts

I am still trying to understand the marketing concepts that are being used out there with regard to call centers. Every time I get a 'cold call' from one of them, there seems to be some new issue that just shouldn't be.

This morning I get a call....
    'Good morning this is fred from adt security'
    'Good morning' says I, thankful to receive a proper introduction that did not start off by...'and I'm talkiiiiinggg tooo???"
    "Are you an adt customer?' he says ' cause we are selling this promotion'
    So ask him....'you don't know who your clients are?'
    'No he says - I just have this list to call'.

So I tell him to ask his employers for a list of their customers to phone them rather than me.

Now surly if you are organising a promotion for your customers - you phone ...tra la ....your customers. You dont do a general phone everybody in the neighbourhood to firstly see if they are a customer and then flog them your wares. If you are selling some promo to new customers you also do not ask them first if they are a customer in the first place.

This is not the first time I have had this particular conversation so they have not taken into account my comments or scratched me off their lists.

It seems that marketing managers utilising these call centers have no idea how they operate, what scripts are being used and what level of competent telesales operators are going to represent their company.

Personally, if I do need the service being offered, I will go to the opposition that does not use these wasteful inane methods to drum up business.

While there must be some sort of favourable response from these call center operations (I assume or they would not do it), do you not think that the other 99% that have been pissed off, will create a bigger negative image for your product or brand?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Marq,
    I agree I am busy reading Cold Calling for women. They say do your homework and be prepared. You have reinforced this.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Agree with both views. My curiosity got the better of me though, "Cold Calling for Women" as opposed to ........? (I'm not in the sales environment, so probably there is a logical explanation?)

Email problem
    Thanks
    If you want to know anything about cold calling, please visit Art's website. Fantastic! http://www.TelesalesBlog.com

Thanks
    Morticia
    I was told about this book and it was recommended by a male printshop owner in the USA. It is by Wendy Weiss. She says women have different problems to men with cold calling, but the better title is Cold Calling for the timid.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

6. Thanks given for this post:

Morticia (18-Aug-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    Now surly if you are organising a promotion for your customers - you phone ...tra la ....your customers. You dont do a general phone everybody in the neighbourhood to firstly see if they are a customer and then flog them your wares. If you are selling some promo to new customers you also do not ask them first if they are a customer in the first place.
    Anyone want to bet said promo is cheaper than the rate for existing customers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticia View Post
    My curiosity got the better of me though, "Cold Calling for Women" as opposed to ........?
    There was a book that came out a few years ago about marketing to women. Unsurprisingly women and men differ in terms of being sold to. However, the real takeaway along that line was that marketing redesigned to appeal to women also tended to do better than the original with men too.

So it seems a good idea to design ads and marketing campaigns with women in mind right from the get-go.

The other important factor is that when it comes to decision making, women influence a bigger spend budget than men nowadays.

Thanks
    when it comes to decision making, women influence a bigger spend budget than men nowadays
    I have not known a house to be bought unless the lady says thats a nice kitchen etc. Same for the furniture and appliances. The car...mmmm....maybe.
    My guess this is not a 'nowadays' thing its an always has been thing.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com