Thread: Education Denied!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Education Denied!

As of a few years ago I was informed that that our schooling structures will change but never in a million year did I see this change coming! It is true N1 – to – N6 is now a thing of the past. I have spoken to the local college and was told that a N3 certificate will take you years to complete rather than months. Part-time classes will also soon die out thus if you are a working individual looking to better yourself you are out of luck it simply doesn’t exist anymore.

Sadly it gets a bid bad now. Because you need a N3 or better to enrol for particular engineering subjects at UNISA you will no longer have access to a higher learning simply because you can’t do you N3 without leaving your job “I stand to be corrected because I am not sure if the lady at the college have all her facts right”

And as far as they know there will be no replacement subjects for part time students thus no more future! So basically if are not matriculated and is working you will not enjoy a higher learning anymore. In short you have no future if this lady was correct with her information.

If you know more please tell us we really need to know.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if this isn't someone getting confused about the Organised Framework of Occupations (OFO). It's a parallel qualification mechanism, not a replacement to existing structures.
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Part-time classes will also soon die out thus if you are a working individual looking to better yourself you are out of luck it simply doesn’t exist anymore.
    I suspect it might be the situation at a particular institution.

The law of supply and demand will always kick in. If the demand is there, the training companies prepared to work after hours will appear.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In all honesty I am a headless chicken in a rat race at the moment. You get all this information but not real answers. I did ask if there are any plans for night classes and stuff. They just said no. No planning at all. Apparently they need an OK from some government body before they can start with it again but this is not happening at all. So please if you know something that can help please post it.

Thank you

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This might be affected by what you are studying for. So perhaps a clue?

Silver Member
    Thanks

distance learning

The answer is

http://www.intec.edu.za/live/index.php

Distance learning, pay your money take your choice.