Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: SIM card activation enema!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    by not being on the system you don’t have to pay tax
    Trust me, the tax man still wants his tax. I've got a story brewing on that at the moment, but I'm waiting on a response from SARS before I break it.

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (12-Jan-10)

Suspended
    Thanks
    just skimmed thru the post and came to a conclusion today about rica...its not about crime as in fighting the bad guys as some have thought...it all boils down to one thing again...profit and loss...why this theory.

i collected my 3g sim from mtn yesterday for my new toy...registered with rica like a good boy...not... had no choice...no rica no sim card...i havent even loaded airtime yet and already there are numerous messages...stating send xyz to this number and you could win R5 million etc etc...to stop it... send stop to xyz...if you dont you will be billed R3 a day for the rest of your life...and if you dont pay up we now know where you live...so who do you think decided on this rica...not the goverment...the cellphone providers...you will notice they dont send these messages to your cell if you are not registered...the day you register the messages will start...and you will pay otherwise they now have your home address so they can collect their money plain and simple...its all about the money...who the crimminals?

people got smart they register with these download companies...download what they wanted then just not reloading airtime they dump the sim card...by registering with rica you as the registered sim card owner will be responsible for the bill...you will have to register your kids sim cards and pay the bill.

we complain about these "service providers" they laughing at us...go to mtn pavilion service centre and see how people sitting around waiting for service ...it shocking...but there is unfortunately nothing you or i will do to change it...they are making so much money it is not even funny.

doesnt make you wonder why when you are pay as go you pay more than a contract? you pay up front yet you are billed more than the person on contract...any other sale you get discounted for paying up front.

like when you purchase from a shop which has a credit card machine i always insist on a discount now otherwise i use my card if they dont give a discount...because they collect the tab and it saves me on withdrawl of cash.

4. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (27-Jan-10), tec0 (26-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think it is time for the South African public to start questioning our telecommunications industry and there motive. Face it... The only way to take them on is to a massif consumer strike. I said it before and I will say it over and over again.

Stop using your mobile for 1 month and see how much their losses would be if everyone does it together. It will be catastrophic! But again people don’t want to why because it demands some sacrifice. So sorry do what I did. Get a very old phone “with no java engine or internet capability” use that and you stay out of trouble. My 3G is pay-as-you-go and I need to use it for work so there is no way I can turn it off. However if ye are a million or more doing it then count me in!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    this is one of the biggest problems in this country...unless you have the backing of the poor and have enough to transport them to a destination and feed them you are not gona achieve anything...people who live in the "suburbs" will not budge they are in a comfort zone...have their tv cellphone and pc...what more do they need...they will however spend ever chance they get mouning about everything... but to get them to mobilise and lets say do something about the crime...yeah right...try get them to go to the gym to use the contract they registered this month because of all the weight they put on over the christmas period...i would love to know how much virgin active turnover was this month.

i hear the crime is getting so out of hand...people are having to lock themselves in their bathrooms...hide in the garden while these theives walk in and take what they want...the other night 5 houses next to each got robbed in the same manner...the thieves just walked in smashed the big windows or sliding doors and took what they wanted...the families where having to run and hide fearing for their lives and that their wives and daughters and now even the father could get raped or killed...60+ year old man hijacked and raped by 4 men...what next...so dont think its only your mother...wife and daughter they are after.

just remeber once it have happened it is toooo late....doesnt help giving up smoking once you have cancer.
    Last edited by murdock; 27-Jan-10 at 08:10 AM.

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Money making scams..sorry schemes

If you a huge corporate, or government department, you can indeed think of quick ways of extorting money from the gullible public. Remember when corporations and government do things, it is always multi-pronged. Get their addresses, so we can keep tabs on them, ie what they say and do, as well as having them pay for the "service".

Apparently things are not going so well with rica, as people are showing an aversion to the scam, hence the "cash prizes" etc.

On another note. Ever calculated how much Cipro is making from all the beleagured CC's submitting their late returns. If you look at the process with an open mind, it can be noticed that people were deliberately lead down the fear mongering path of deregistration of their CC, ..then rushing to pay for their annual returns+ penalties.
    Sean Goss We all are scared, but only few are brave.
    www.sgafc.co.za

8. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (27-Jan-10)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well government is soon to have bit of competition on there “we control everything plans” See people are losing jobs in Mpumalanga like mad! We had a few more mines closing their doors and so there is not really much one can do but get another job... Well with the inflation, higher power cost and almost terrorist like crime, we are in for a brave new world called South Africa survivor “real live addition” The prize is staying alive as long as possible with almost 3 jobs just to pay off your damn house.

Now with network registration you must give them a home address “it is a bit hard to do if you got kicked out of your home... And getting a job without having access to a phone is like running in the desert naked “no one is going to care but you will still get burned”

So what to do? Well the truth with the power prices increasing we may soon face higher subscription cost from our local telecommunication provider and that then soon we will probably be charged and amount for RICA registration almost like owning a car licence that you have to pay till you lose your car or die...

So take all this in respective then it is game on!
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Bronze Member
    Thanks

RICA!!

To RICA a phone seems harmless, what is the fuss about, in not ricaing your phone??

A legal source, claims that in terms of this ACT, one will forego ones right to insist on a court order, when people search your property(obviously using this ACt as a copout).I might be wrong on this one, but remain suspicious nevertheless...

CRIME? a serious problem, but an extremely useful tool, to use to frighten people into giving up their rights. And fighting crime. Is it a case of the police being unable or unwilling to do their job.

Case in point is drugs. From time to time, we hear about "breakthroughs" in drug investigations. This is welcomed and encouraged. But people walk into any city, suburb and they find drugs if they need it. Addicts struggle to find drugs, due to lack of money...not lack of suppliers. So anyone can find drug dealers, why cant the police??

So dont give me the sorry excuse that RICA is meant to fight crime. The police know where the criminals are/ Dont bully innocent people with your silly RICA
    Sean Goss We all are scared, but only few are brave.
    www.sgafc.co.za

11. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (27-Jan-10)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567