Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Follow The Forum SA on Twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Follow The Forum SA on Twitter

I decided I'd better move with the times and set up a Twitter account for The Forum SA. So for those of you who want to follow on Twitter, you know what to do.

Right now my best thought about putting this to good use is to tweet the post/thread of the day - which means about a tweet a day.

Now just what that might be could be fairly random (you'll note my bio on Twitter is "participation is voluntary" and every now and then my warped humour does tend to peek out ).

But if you make a post here to let me know what you would like tweets about, there's a better chance I'll deliver what you'd prefer to know

Email problem
    Thanks
    Dave
    I really found Twitter very helpful and interesting, just experiencing problems to get into my Twitter account lately. Twitter support was of no help thus far.

Thanks
    Dave, have a look at http://bit.ly/ and http://hootsuite.com/ - both provide some sort of stats for your tweet links.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (31-Jul-09)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Duncan. bit.ly looks a bit simpler than hootsuite so I think I'm going to start with that rather, unless there are some must-have features on hootsuite

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Thanks Duncan. bit.ly looks a bit simpler than hootsuite so I think I'm going to start with that rather, unless there are some must-have features on hootsuite
    I'm actually not too sure. I originally saw Hootsuite and started using it, but bit.ly seems cleaner...and nicer (just tried it out for the first time now). Hootsuite offers RSS integration which is useful. I pretty much just have my blog and shared items set up to feed into twitter for those who prefer to follow that way. I'm a fairly inactive twit
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duncan drennan View Post
    I pretty much just have my blog and shared items set up to feed into twitter for those who prefer to follow that way. I'm a fairly inactive twit
    That's why I've hesitated about doing the Twitter thing up to now - what do you do with it that isn't just a repeat of something like an RSS feed? That would work for a blog, but I think the RSS feed off a forum site would be a bit too noisy. So hopefully cherry picking will be the right recipe.

I had wondered if Twitter would simply end up being a fad induced by the last US presidential race, but it still seems to be picking up momentum - so probably needs to be taken seriously after all.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just to let everyone know that although the jury may be out as to whether Twitter is useful or not, I do intend to do a daily tweet on what I think is the most interesting discussion on TFSA for the next month or so to see what happens.

Thanks
    If you twitter are you a 'twat'?
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    More like a twit. But not nearly as much of a twit as the feature of today's tweet

Thanks
    I am Twitting a Twitten Tweet as I Hatten Twitten in a Twile --> A Twitter Phrase I came up with if you haven't Twittered for a while.

Dave i have been using tinyurl.com, up and till recently but moved to apsense.cc as they offer better tracking features. The latest Url Shortner I am using is www.eca.sh . They advertise in a small top bar and if any sales are made you earn a commision. Probably, not what you are looking for TFS. I would have a look at apsense as they have a whole network of features for internet marketing and networking. I have not use Hootsuite before, so I dont know if it is better. Am busy checking them out.

You can also have a look at an auto twitter from VBulletin to Twitter. I just had a quick google search and came across this link.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=236278
    http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=234288

Cheers
    BJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast