Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: virgin mobile

Suspended
    Thanks

virgin mobile

i contacted virgin customer care 123 this morning to sort out my statement at 9 am...it is now 12.15pm and i still cannot get an answer from them...as i decided to change to prepaid from the date the contract expired...2 months ago.

one why they are still debiting my account for R209 for a contract (which they say is not a contract and still trying to figue out how a R199 contract all inclusive cost R209)

and secondly because thay are now billing me R696 for a handset buy out yet my contract has expired...finished...paid up...what ever you want to call it.

i have had enough so i decided to put a complaint on hello peter website...what a joke there are so many complaints about virgin mobile i decided not to waste my time...if anyone is stupid enough to take out a virgin mobile contract after going onto hello peter website and reading how bad virgin mobile actually is then you must suffer for your own ignorance.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    and secondly because thay are now billing me R696 for a handset buy out yet my contract has expired
    WTF!

Would this be for the phone they gave you for signing the contract?

Thanks
    Murdock,
    You can ask your bank to reverse the debit order. Then you will get the call in 60 months about this from lawyers so just keep all the paperwork and write down times who called etc. to ward off the call from them. I would then also fire off a letter to them, explaining why you have reversed the debit order, email fax it and send it by registered post.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Suspended
    Thanks
    no...it would be the phone i have been paying for over a 2 year period.

the R199 top up deal was you get 199 "free airtime" but you pay off the phone interest free over the 2 year period...which you can buy out at any time because it is not a contractwhatever.

my phone was paid up 2 months ago...now the contract just continues because they are still loading the 199 worth of airtime which thay are deducting R209 for.

but the catch is i have to give 1 months notice...huh...i thought i never had a contract...and pay a R696.66 handset buyout to get out of the contract for the phone i have been paying off over 2 years...because i contacted them and told them i want it changed to pre-paid.

it was not ecr where i heard the ad for richard branson doesnt need your money its virgin customer care 123 where you hear it...how stupid could i be to have anything to do with a company where the owner doesnt need my money and expect to get service

one of the reasons i went to vergin mobile was because nobody else could match their rates...well i must warn you understand (by this i mean read the document carefully) what you are getting into with virgin mobile before you sign up.

just remember if you go near a shopping centre (gateway ...pavilion etc) you loose signal unless nobody in the building is using their vodocom or cell cell lines...virgin is at the bottom of the order...sometimes you get lucky and the phone works but as soon as the tower starts loading it drops your call so effectively you pay more because you have to keep calling people back.

if you have a bussiness i would strongly advice you to stay away from virgin...customers get irrate when they try call you and your phone keeps switching them off or they cant get hold of you or the phone first makes an engaged sound then beeps like you have lost the call.

i just hope this threads helps someone else from having to go through what i have...i havent listed all the problems i have had with virgin mobile only a fraction...if you think this is a load cr*p go to hello peter website and look for yourself...virgin only has a 10 % customer satisfaction rate and a 90 % unhappy...makes you think.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Murdock,
    You can ask your bank to reverse the debit order. Then you will get the call in 60 months about this from lawyers so just keep all the paperwork and write down times who called etc. to ward off the call from them. I would then also fire off a letter to them, explaining why you have reversed the debit order, email fax it and send it by registered post.
    at a fee of R48.00 per time they have to reverse it...what they did last month was bill me R418.00 because i reversed the month before...now i fighting R418 instead of R209.

debit orders suck...the company you sign with can take any amount out your account whenever they please...then you have to fight to get your money back.

Thanks
    Murdock
    That doesn't sound right surely you can block the company. I would try do that then write to VM and say this is what I have done what is the total I owe to migrate and give them a cheque for that and write on the cheque in full and final settlement.
    It is best to get away from negatives things like this quickly and get on with being positive about your business.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    how stupid could i be to have anything to do with a company where the owner doesnt need my money and expect to get service
    Classic!

Sorry - that one got to me (wipes tears from face and tries to get serious).
    at a fee of R48.00 per time they have to reverse it...what they did last month was bill me R418.00 because i reversed the month before...now i fighting R418 instead of R209.
    You might want to read post 3 in this thread about debit orders. Some ways of dealing with this are better than others.

I'm still struggling with the handset charge - was it perhaps structured as a rental? If so, give it back instead of paying the R696.00.

Suspended
    Thanks
    just an update...i got a response today from lesley virgin mobile...they are saying that it was a mistake on their part but they will still debit my account for the R696.66 then give me a refund...and the other R209 that they will also be debiting from my account this month is for artime they loaded onto my phone at the begining of June...hello its the end of july this month they debited my account for R209 at the end of june for that airtime.

the thing that gets me really P*ssed off is why are they debiting my account for any amount i dont owe them any money...so why even debit my account then refund it at the end of this month...its just more fees for std bank and virgin mobile it like hold your ankles fool while we all take your money.

Suspended
    Thanks
    i have just received an email from lesley at virgin mobile advising me that i will not be billed and my account is sorted out and i am now a prepaid customer

lets see what happens tonight with my bank account.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Really pleased to hear that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast