Thread: durban electricity department

Suspended
    Thanks

durban electricity department

more than a year ago one of my customer decided to have 2 pre-paid meters fitted on the property...replace the exsisting one and have an additional one fitted...so the proceedure was to go to the electrity department and apply...fill in the pink and blue form which i did and submitted it...not so easy.

they told me to take back my application forms and only when i had approved plans for the outbuilding to return and submit.

We finally we managed to get plans approved in april...but unfortunately because i have been busy with other projects i have not been back.

yesterday i got a chance to return and submit the application forms...i was told that the rule had changed on the 1 july and no matter what you do you cannot have 2 pre-paid meter on one property...i explained my situation to them...they just pointed to a piece of paper on the wall and said sorry for you...i tried to explain that we had already chased the piping...put in all the cabling 3 phase meter box concreted and tarred areas...the only thing we are waiting for is the electricity supply...the building and prep work is complete.

now we have to break concrete...cut tar to reroute cables chase walls fit junction boxes etc etc etc...the reply was it is not there problem the rule was changed on the 1 july and that is final we are not interested.

and while on the subject of electricity departments...has anyone seem the new tarrifs for new connections...and you thought only the electricity tarrif was going up...a 3 phase connection which cost around R7000.00...from the 1 july 2009 will now cost around R14000.00 and as the size required goes up so does the cost...ie 60 -80 amps... 100- 150 amps etc.

just so scary how everyone else has ways of making the customer pay more.

petrol tax
    license renewals (car...drivers)
    electricity
    toll road fees
    electricity
    water
    rates
    food prices
    bank charges and fees
    the list just goes on and on ...i dont blame these people for striking for a 15 % salary increase...they should get a 20 % increase to keep up with all the expenses to survive...and the minimum wage should be a lot more than what it is.

i thought we were in a reccession...maybe it is only some of us.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's got to be wonderful having a captive market with no competition.

Suspended
    Thanks
    we have 3 exsisting meters on a property...with a 3 phase supply which the customer wants to replace all the meters with pre paid meters...we have been told there can no longer be 3 meters on 1 property so if we change to pre paid the other 2 need to be removed and only one pre paid installed and 2 private meters must be installed...this site has had 3 meters since 1970.