Talk about kicking a dead horse. As of late I have received phone call after phone call about mobile internet connectivity. The truth is a lot of companies do use GPRS or 3G to connect to the net and download there mail or other information that is crucial for their day-to-day operations.

Now they don’t use your branded 3G modems like the normal user does. There modems can connect to any network and is basically OEM. However they do still use service providers. Now as of late Vodacom is bouncing around but it is not intermittent but it is becoming a pain. Then there is Virgin! My goodness how slow can you get!

Now I have spoken to a Virgin technical operator and he told me that Virgin is upgrading and that all signal related problems will “go away” after about 2 week. Well I have tested there network and it takes about 7 minutes to load this webpage. Takes about 4 minutes to display the Google logo and is and mail just times out...

Now how bad can it get? Well I did a test on a normal telephone line using an old dialup account and it took me only 1 minute to upload the page “before Telkom dropped my call” On a second test I stayed on for about 20 minutes and was able to get the customers e-mail. So Virgin is slower then dialup at the moment! But in all honesty Virgin better wake-up they are going to lose money.