Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Robert Kiyosaki

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marq View Post
    Right now having thought all of that...makes note to self.......Get payment in advance.
    Aha! Now that, I believe, is where the wheels come off. You will stunt the tree and end up with less fruit in the medium term.

Being paid in arrears isn't that bad. It's not as if you are being paid for one year's effort. As a business owner you're being paid not only for the effort of one year, but also the residual benefit from all the years that have gone before.

Of course that doesn't help much if you aren't building a company with a residual benefit. But if you're not building that residual you're basically self-employed, not building a business.

Thanks
    Here it is. I finally went to a meeting last night. And this is a Network21/ Amway sales pitch. When I was invited to a 7PM meeting I could not make it so instead I met with Miranda Henderson earlier. I will point out this thread to the person who is trying to get me join so if she wants she can chip in here.
    I was just surprised that they are not upfront with who they are, and the lack of facts given to a prospect. A more honest approach in which I was told it is MLM network 21 approach would have got more brownie points from me.
    Anyway I will ask questions on the network 21 thread.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    I was just surprised that they are not upfront with who they are, and the lack of facts given to a prospect.
    Sorry, I thought you'd figured that out already. The theory is to avoid you making a decision based on preconceived ideas and without all the facts. To some extent it is a valid concern, but incredibly frustrating. At least once you've been through it before, you can generally see it coming if this turns out not to be your bag.

Thanks
    I would have thought that they would change tactics by now and realised that a more open honest approach should get in more prospects. Attending a covert meeting gives me more preconceived ideas than the the ones they would like me to believe in. At least with experience now I now know that this type of clandestine hush hush invitation could only be for an introduction to a freemason, mafia gang, drug buy or mlm meeting. Having done these things, I still ask the question as to what the difference is?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Confusing assets and liabilities

After a multitude of distractions, I'm finally getting into the book. Just finished the "Why teach financial literacy?" section.

I've got to say Robert makes a telling point about confusing assets and liabilities. It really explains why the middle class gets stuck; buying liabilities that they consider assets.

I also like the point on making more money not being the solution. It's something that I've noticed whenever someone tells me they need to make more money - whenever I look a little closer they don't have an income problem, they have an expense problem.

It really struck home the other day. I was out visiting and this person is always crying poverty. But a little glance around the home at the new leather lounge suite and other luxury modern conveniences really told the truth of the matter. Overspending

No matter what you earn, you need to spend less than you earn so that you can start channeling the extra money into assets. Real assets - the ones that produce income.

Thanks
    It is strange how the over expenditure scenario is practiced by many whom one would think are smart people...but there you go.

The assets vs liabilities section however is the powerhouse of your financial future. I believe if there is one lesson to take away from Robert Kiyosaki its this one on understanding that the asset you just bought to secure your future could be a liability.

We are taught the profit and loss game in accounting & business school classes but few teach the balance sheet game. One sees it indirectly when the subject of financial ratios comes up but the only time I have really seen it operating is in the treasury banking world.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12