Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UIF - uFiling now available!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by QUINN View Post
    I went on to the site and tried to register but the site say's registration coming soon.
    Cant we register just amend existing registrations
    A note of caution here: if you are paying UIF via SARS (i.e. EMP201 return) then don't register for uFiling. If that is the case you should just submit changes on a U19-D form.

uFiling seems to be more aimed at domestic employers rather than business. If you register you'll end up with a whole bunch of returns that you can't file. Integration with SARS' system seems to leave much to be desired.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsd View Post
    A note of caution here: if you are paying UIF via SARS (i.e. EMP201 return) then don't register for uFiling. If that is the case you should just submit changes on a U19-D form.
    Which reminds me, did I mention I have now managed to raise this with both SARS and DoL? Hopefully, one day soon, we'll see the rather simple solution implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by QUINN View Post
    I went on to the site and tried to register but the site say's registration coming soon.
    Just in case you still wish to register, try this link.

Suspended
    Thanks
    My Bit.
    If you had a decent payroll app, you could extract a file from your payroll to be imported into the UIF DB. This would be done in a matter of click- click.

I can foresee that in the near future one will be able to walk out your employer’s door straight into the UIF office and they will know why you are there and if you qualify. The government is really getting geared

My personal opinion is that ufilling is purely enabling you to capture an employees detail on their DB, as to where you would have completed a form and they would have captured it.

Just as you capturing the employees detail in your payroll application - extract that data in an acceptable format and it can be imported into the UIF DB

making sence?.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely, Gabriel.

I've heard rumblings that SARS is going to make a payroll package available for businesses that essentially does it all. Calculates all the deductions and files your returns - all online. Some might see it as invasive, but personally I think it would be great!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I've heard rumblings that SARS is going to make a payroll package available for businesses that essentially does it all.
    1 July AFAIK - at least for the EMP501 reconciliation. Here are some details.
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I see uFiling has updated their website and functionality. I got this email:

Dear Valued Client,

In our endeavor to continuously provide excellent service to employers, uFiling is being upgraded with new
    added functionality

Go-Live date has been scheduled for 14 September 2009.
    uFiling has received a complete revamp from information received from uFilers.
    Key functionality includes the following;
    • A new homepage for uFiling
    • Allows for bulk uploading of employee data
    • Automated issuing of employee declarations on the 1st of each month
    • Simple and easy to use consolidated single screen for viewing declarations, contributions and payments made
      by you
    • Reminders - e-mail notifications from uFiling on the 1st of each month reminding you to submit your declarations
      by the 7th of each month
    • Accurate UIF contribution calculations per employee based on the salary information captured by you
    • Enhanced on demand reporting - Declaration Analysis, Contribution Analysis and monthly statement of account
    • Online payments - uFiling includes an online payment facility that enables you to pay your contributions securely
      by debit order. Payment by Internet Banking will be implemented by November 2009 for certain banks
    • Enhanced security - further enhancements have been made to an already world class secure system
      • With uFiling you'll never have to worry about the confidentiality of your employee information and UIF returns
      • Security controls are employed on multiple user levels ensuring your data remains secure at all times
    Click here to view the comparison between version 1 and version 2.
    Should you have any queries or require any assistance with UIF declarations and contributions, please contact our uFiling

Call centre on 0860 FILING (0860 345 464).

Best Regards,

The uFiling Team
    Unfortunately no sign of a link-up between the SARS eFiling system and the uFiling system yet when it comes to dealing with payments.

Damn irritating actually. I'd far rather be using uFiling to deal with my UIF returns.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    An update.

I decided to check what was going on with my uFiling account which I abandoned some time ago on the instructions of a uFiling agent because I pay via SARS on the EMP201 return.

Blow me down - all those returns that were marked unpaid are now marked as SARS payable.

I phone uFiling to find out if that means what I think it does - and yes, they're matching it up with the EMP201 return. In fact, this uFiling agent says whoever told me not to use uFiling to submit the returns was wrong!

Frankly I'm rather bemused. Looks like I've got some work ahead of me cleaning up the data and submitting the outstanding returns

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Couldnt get through to the contact section for some reason. I am trying to get a letter stating something similar to the SARS tax clearance letter.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blesh View Post
    I am trying to get a letter stating something similar to the SARS tax clearance letter.
    From the UIF department? You're not perhaps looking for a letter of good standing (which would be from workmans compensation).

Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    An update.

I decided to check what was going on with my uFiling account which I abandoned some time ago on the instructions of a uFiling agent because I pay via SARS on the EMP201 return.

Blow me down - all those returns that were marked unpaid are now marked as SARS payable.

I phone uFiling to find out if that means what I think it does - and yes, they're matching it up with the EMP201 return. In fact, this uFiling agent says whoever told me not to use uFiling to submit the returns was wrong!

Frankly I'm rather bemused. Looks like I've got some work ahead of me cleaning up the data and submitting the outstanding returns
    I recently realised the same thing.

Did you manage to resolve this? We have been trying for more than a year to resolve this with lots of backdated change requests, and numerous, numerous calls to the call centre. No success. No progress. Just lots ans lots of money and time spent.
    And our business only has 45 employees - imagine if you are a larger business!

We declare and pay our UIF to SARS every month, and want to comply, but damn this is rediculous.
    Can we submit our returns manually and deregister for Ufiling?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast