Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TV licence scam?

Thanks
    Sounds like deja-vu ... I had exactly the same thing happen to me about 2 years back. Only it was an Edgars account for about R1100. This also after I knew I've paid up. I was phoned & received letters of demand in the post ... not by Edgars accounts dept., but some law firm stating that I'd be blacklisted if I didn't pay.

Was sending old receipts & old payment notifications for about 5 months to various parties. Edgars' records showed I was actually overpaid on the account. Finally I just told Edgars take your card and SHOVE IT ... closed the account & told them they've just made everyone I know never buy from them again!

Then (a month later) after the law firm finally got the picture ... they phone me up to ask my banking details so they can pay in the amount I've overpaid Edgars. Told them to keep their measly R26 and stay the hell away from me. What do they think? After threatening me with blacklisting I'm going to give them my bank details ... as if they're Nigerian scam artists?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I always played with the Idea to get rid of my DSTV and TV set and the bloody radio. Really all these frets and “your time is up” letters is starting to P!ss me off! Then there is the blacklist thing. Surely by now government can see that blacklisting is being abused by scammers?

I wonder what their reaction will be if I phone them up and tell them “ Ok I got rid of everything now how do I deregister myself?” I am considering this action because not only will I save money I will not have the added risk of being blacklisted hanging over my head anymore. The sad thing is I actually do pay my TV licence...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12