Thread: How do you keep up?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you keep up?

For the past week I've really had severe time problems keeping up with what's going on at TFSA. I've finally managed to get through everything that's happened this evening - and it was quite a mission despite the board being relatively quiet by the looks of things.

It got me wondering...

How do people that only pop round here every few days or once a week ever keep up?

I suppose they don't

Thanks
    Dave_A

Firstly, sincere thanks for the time and effort that you constantly put into the forum, both it's upkeep and your contributions. I'm sure you've made it the first choice for many forum readers.

I honestly can't imagine how you do it or where you find the time, but if you ever offer a seminar on time management, please count me in.

How do readers keep up ?

Well, I think the answer lies in what they come to TFSA for.

You could probably categorise the majority of visitors into a few groups ...

1. the die-hards forum squatters - these are the guys and gals that are always here, constantly posting on just about any topic that's going at the time.

2. the 'almost regulars' - pop in every day or two. Probably to catch up only on specific topics they are interested in, either Business, tax or the Friday Funnies.

3. the quickies - stop by 2 or 3 times a week and browse the "New Posts" page for anything that catches the eye. The rest are promptly dismissed with the "Mark Forums Read" option.

4. the "Self Centered" posters that only come to look for replies to posts they started and don't read anything else on the forum. These most likely have rarely contributed to any threads other than the ones they started.

It might be interesting to start a POLL to allow the visitors to select their category.
    Watching the ships passing by.

3. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (23-Jun-09)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by daveob View Post
    I honestly can't imagine how you do it or where you find the time, but if you ever offer a seminar on time management, please count me in.
    Funny you should mention that. That's been a recurring comment for most of my extracurricular activities over the years. Maybe something worth thinking about.

Thanks
    Well done Dave - you do a great job.

I use the forum to have a break from the usual stuff that I do on the Computer. So when I am in Programming and/or accounts mode you will see me here.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks

Labour of love

Dave

You clearly love doing this but I am sure it sometimes drive you to drink Anyway keep it up and enjoy the sleuth work
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.