Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: firearms

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Suspended
    Thanks

firearms

can somebody tell me if the rumour about getting compensation for your firearm when you hand it in at the police station is true or not...or where i can find out more details.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Sorry firearm dude. You are not getting anything for your loved weaponry because uncle government is totally into disarming good folk and giving us a big zero. You can go to your local firearm dealer and try to strike a deal but again dude they will give you like not even 10% of the actual worth because they end up with a ton of guns and no customers man... I think this stinks because the criminal badass can run around with there AK47 no registration required dude as in none. So now we get to put our hands in the air and pray for our lives man...

Suspended
    Thanks
    it is a rumour...you can try sell your firearm privately but it has to be before the end of june...or you can try sell it to a gun shop...they just laughed and told me they have to build an additional safe room to store all the fireams being handed in so the chances of getting paid for it is less than zero...you are not allowed to damage the firearm in any way...if you own more than one fireram it will take more than 2 years if you are lucky to get additional licenses...you would need to join a club etc...etc.

i love this country there is always an upside to everything...maybe with all of us being unarmed the crime rate will come down because there wont be anymore firearms to steal.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Dude you are seriously misinformed. I can tell you now with no guilty conscious that crime will not go down because of this. Come end of June every criminal will take up arms against a useless police department and good folk. They use AK47 and weapons stolen from the Army and Police. I was told by a policeman that every second violent crime is an AK47 or a police pistol. Now you think the crime will go down! Dude the only thing biting the dust is us.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by murdock View Post
    you are not allowed to damage the firearm in any way...
    That's the really odd bit in this whole deal. Why would it matter to gov whether the handed in gun was in working condition or not?
    What are they planning to do with it?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    That is a wonderful question. They cannot prove that the weapons were working before the time. That is the thing. However if the guns is to be destroyed why then do the guns need to be in working order in the first place. Now my conspiracy towards this is that the guns will be given to selected gangs for the most unholy reasons like farm murders and random killings.

I cannot help to think like this because how did a criminal get a R1 South African military spec machinegun to start with? I think that government is showing their true intend. That is to disarm good folk and giving the guns to the criminals knowing that we will have no possible way to defend ourselves against these criminals.

Suspended
    Thanks
    appently they are suppose to test every firearm to make sure it has never been used for a criminal offence...my next question would be how long is it gona take them to check the 3 million firearms which still havent been handed in and the owners like myself have not renewed our licensed...and while they are waiting to be tested how many more a gona go missing while in police custody.

the R1 rifles you are refering could one of them which were sold to these people by our very men in uniform...i know this because one of them is sitting in jail for it.

my concern is what next...they are making money out if us having to renew our drivers licenses...now the firearms what next.

something else which just peeeeed me off is the youngsters doing their drivers licenses are having to pay R1000.00 under the table to the inspectors to pass their licenses...is their anything in this country not corrupt

Thanks
    I'd rather hand my pistol in for destruction at the police and then buy a AK in Mozambique for about R 20. Including 2 spare mags.

Let them bastard farm murdering slime try to get to me now. I'll tear 'em to shreads. Bastards.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am also heavily disappointed in our government and there many corrupted systems. We cannot own guns yet we are killed by military guns. We have no right to protect ourselves against anything and our police are totally useless in every single aspect of policing “accept traffic cops!” They are on you like yesterdays vomit...

I think that we will have no other choice then obtaining illegal weapons for our own protection. Fact is legit firearm owners are being treated like criminals! From this point forward it is impossible to own a firearm legally so the massage is all too clear. Government is disarming the public the question is why? The answer might be uglier then conspiracy and more real then what we care to admit.

Thanks
    Couple of interesting stats, but whether it is all true or not.........who knows?

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia
    were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal
    firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a
    program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500
    million dollars. The first year results are now in:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes,
    44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms
    are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding
    citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and
    criminals still possess their guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that
    too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady
    decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed
    drastically upward in the past 5 years, since criminals
    now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and
    assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a
    loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after
    such monumental effort and expense was expended in
    successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The
    Australian experience and the other historical facts
    above prove it.

You won't see this data on the evening news, or hear
    politicians disseminating this information.
    Lovely little story.

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.

Date: 2009-07-20, 3:43 A M EST

I was the guy with the black Burberry jacket that you demanded I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings.

I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize.

I didn't expect you to crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after
    you took my jacket. Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside.

You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber Model 1911 .45 A CP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh?

It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it? I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cellphone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again.

I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself and four other people in the gas station this morning a tank full of gas on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 150 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet.

I threw the wallet in a fancy pink "pimp mobile" parked at the curb after I broke the windshield and side window out and keyed the drivers side. I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cellphone. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Ma Bell just shut down
    the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service.

I could only get in two threatening phone calls to the D A 's office and one to the FBI with it. The FBI guy was really ****ed and we had a long chat (I guess while he traced the number).

I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky..

- Alex
    Remember the Ark was built by Amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
    Business isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Marine Aquariums SA

11. Thanks given for this post:

Morticia (29-Jul-09)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast