Thread: Is no service a contract breaker?

Suspended
    Thanks

Is no service a contract breaker?

I ask this because I feel that 3G contract holders always get the bitter end when it comes to Vodacom’s unbreakable 3G contracts. As you may recall a friend of mine had this terrible ordeal with Vodacom that billed him so much on his 3G contract that he nearly lost his car. Well he is back and this time he told me that for 30 days now he could not connect to the internet via his Vodacom 3G modem.

He contacted the technical help desks but they “Never not once answered any of his 10 calls to them. Basically you are placed on hold indefinitely. “Not the kind of service you would expect from the largest communications company in South Africa” But yes he tried to contact the help desk now for the last 10 days! Now eventually Last night he got an operator to talk to him and he was given a little reference SMS. Also the man that he have spoken too assured him that someone from the technical helpdesk will phone him in the next hour. This was at 8:00 PM we waited for the call till 1:00 AM in the morning but again nothing!

Then my friend said that he is paying them every month as specified on contract but he cannot use his CAP so he is losing it for that month. Also no Technical Helpdesk so is this then not a deal breaker from Vodacom’s side?

This is a good question! So what do you think?
    Last edited by insulin; 02-Jun-09 at 12:24 PM.

Thanks
    Its a good question, but I also think he is farting against thunder.

Why is he still with vodacom if they nearly took him out - I would have move off long ago?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Failure of technical support to respond within a reasonable period might be a contract breaker if it is support they're obliged to give. However, just what might be deemed as a reasonable response period...?

But if the core problem is about poor access issues - I think they've all got "best effort" contracts.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Fact is he cannot get out of their contracts. Not even the consumer council could help him get out of the contract. Vodacom contracts were drafted by satan and signed in blood. Fact is if you sign a Vodacom 3G contract your life is over...

Suspended
    Thanks
    @Dave

In all honesty Your rights never gets explained to you in detail. Partly because there staff is not informed or do not have the information or ability to explain your rights to you regarding the 3G contract or in my opinion only I think Vodacom likes it that way... Because then they can do whatever they want.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by insulin View Post
    Fact is if you sign a Vodacom 3G contract your life is over...
    Or just begun - depends on what you make of it.

After two years it's a month to month, but I can think of another way to "escape" the devil. You could port and your new service would be buying you out...

Provided you sign a contract with your new master, of course

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    it can be...and they know it,

that is why there are so many HELP CENTERS........
    “Curiousity is the discovery of satan, the devil was hidden and far, now he stares everyone in the face.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson There is evil! It's actual, like cement... I can't believe it. I can't stand it. Evil is not a view... it's an ingredient in us. In the world. Poured over us, filtering into our bodies, minds, hearts, into the pavement itself.

Thanks
    If you decide to cancell your contract make sure you get conformation from them in writting.
    If you don't you will have debt collectors phoning you.
    With Virgin after trying numerous times to get them to confirm my cancellation I went to hell peter & then only did they give me a conformation letter.