Thread: Labour on bogus company in Free State

Thanks

Labour on bogus company in Free State

Bogus Free State labour official exposed

28 May 2009

The Department of Labour has warned employers and workers to be on the alert of a bogus company named 'Labour Wise' whose 'officials' are roaming the Free State with the aim to swindle businesses of their cash under the guise of selling labour legislations.

The officials have so far tried, with no luck, to get a letter confirming the department's approval of their business from one of the labour centres in Bethlehem. They would then produce this letter to their clients as proof that they were legitimate and supported by the Department of Labour and that clients can purchase labour legislations from them. The company does not have a physical address or premises for their operations and the police are investigating the matter.

"Whilst the police are investigating, businesses are warned that if approached by anyone selling labour legislation, their products are not endorsed by the Department of Labour," said the Free State Provincial Executive Manager, Marsha Bronkhorst.

Employers and businesses that need any labour legislation can visit their nearest labour centre or can order the Basic Condition of Employment, Employment Equity and Occupational Health and Safety Acts at the Government Printers on 012 334 4500/713

More...
    Last edited by Dave A; 28-May-09 at 08:27 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    OK. I'm confused.

They don't mean people selling those notices we are obliged to stick up on the walls by any chance? What the heck would be wrong with that?

Is it only legitimate if we buy it from the Government Printer?