Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MTN - are they all brain dead?

Thanks

MTN - are they all brain dead?

I have been trying since 24th April 2009 to get MTN to reply to my letter.

Yesterday I had my one and only response from MTN. It was a “private number” showing on my cellphone. I did not take the call. There was a message. It went as follows: “hel low, how r u dis is flflkxvjlkvjlkfjoj0 from emtee en. Weel kull u laydir.” This call was at 11 yesterday morning. Nothing further from them.

Now, they have:
    1. My landline numbers (all three);
    2. Four e mail addresses;
    3. My Skype addie;
    4. My facebook entry;
    5. My home address and home telephone number;
    6. My office address;
    7. My fax numbers: all three of them;
    8. My post box address;
    9. My income tax reference number [I kid you not]
    10. My company number;
    11. My identity number with picture;
    12. My partner's contact details; and last but not least;
    13. My cellphone number.

But can they respond? I am not holding my breath.

How about arranging a funeral for MTN for the weekend? If they are brain dead, then we should bury them. It is the right thing to do.

Sieg

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
    It went as follows: “hel low, how r u dis is flflkxvjlkvjlkfjoj0 from emtee en. Weel kull u laydir.”
    You have got to be joking

Given the lack of response you must be asking about something really tricky that involves more than the use of thumbs.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Dude, why not e-mail them from the contact us link on the MTN website. The automated response will like give you a reference number and stuff. Now this number you can use to smoke the manager dude sitting up in MTN’s tower. But again I think all the info they have of you is seriously to much information.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    Dude, why not e-mail them from the contact us link on the MTN website. The automated response will like give you a reference number and stuff. Now this number you can use to smoke the manager dude sitting up in MTN’s tower. But again I think all the info they have of you is seriously to much information.
    I did that too: tried to contact them from their website. Got the standard automated response with a reference number. They promised to get back to me within twenty four hours. That was many weeks ago. I have e mailed them on that same e mail address every day. No luck. Guess the robot died.

Here's their one response:

"Good day

We would like to apologise for the delay in actioning your request.

Our team is busy resolving and will revert to you.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Regards
    Kate Lamola
    Key & Government Support
    Business Channels
    cell: 809
    Tel: 083-1-809
    email: business@mtn.co.za"

Sieg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Interesting fact is that not even the MTN shops have direct access to helpdesk or technical helpdesk or so I was told by the MTN Manager at my local MTN branch. Secondly you can have a look at your MTN contract and see if they are not violating any agreements on their side. But those contracts are as one-sided as they can get so I don’t think you will have any luck with that. Lastly I recommend the consumer counsel. YES the consumer counsel is useless. However if you think about it. You do have enough prove that they are NOT responding to YOU. So go and make a formal complaint at the consumer counsel and start with legal proceedings. Perhaps you can make a difference were others have failed. Think about it... just give it a thought before you go to sleep.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Apart from the obviously shocking response time, what sort of problem are you having, Sieg?

Thanks

M T N

My
    Telecoms
    Nightmare

[I am not the author of that acronym]

Dave and TecO: One of the things I asked for, was a copy of my subscriber's agreement. So, I can't even check what that agreement says.

I also have a billing problem: they have billed me in excess of what my monthly payment for that particular contract should be. They have also not for the first month of service, provided me with an itemized account. I have also asked them for the actual date on which they commenced services (as there is also a discrepancy with that) and have asked for the actual date on which the contract will end in March 2011 (so that I have no trouble when that date arrives, as I had with iTwak.)

Sieg

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Ah! Detail...

So by default they give you the mushroom treatment

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I stand to be corrected but as far as I know some MTN shops have the capability to give you your billing details. Secondly they are withholding information. That is a big no, no in the legal world. Withholding information is one of their tactics to keep customers in the dark.

However if you have enough grounds and I think you do just get court order and have that information released. If they still don’t want to release the information you seek, you can turn this into a criminal offence. Also take into consideration that you don’t pay for anything once the case becomes criminal in essence. I would just love to see an MTN dude sweating like a pig! Hope they put it on YouTube

Thanks

M T N

Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    I stand to be corrected but as far as I know some MTN shops have the capability to give you your billing details. Secondly they are withholding information. That is a big no, no in the legal world. Withholding information is one of their tactics to keep customers in the dark.

However if you have enough grounds and I think you do just get court order and have that information released. If they still don’t want to release the information you seek, you can turn this into a criminal offence. Also take into consideration that you don’t pay for anything once the case becomes criminal in essence. I would just love to see an MTN dude sweating like a pig! Hope they put it on YouTube
    I am in the process of:
    1. Preparing an application in terms of the Promotion of Access to Information Act;
    2. A summons to be issued out of the Magistrate's Court at Pinetown for delivery and debatement of an account;
    3. A formal complaint to WASPA against MTN for breaching the code.

Sieg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast