Thread: Truth and Lies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Bronze Member
    Thanks

Truth and Lies

What is a lie? Something "sinful"? We tell our kids never to lie.

When rapists pursue a victim and ask you where the victim went, will you tell them the truth? So "religiously speaking" you committed a crime, but morally speaking you did the right thing.How about friends lying to each other, ie you pretty, you dont have bad breath, when the converse is true, because they dont want to hurt each others feelings, is this wrong?

How about the lies peddled by politicians and their ilk, on a daily basis? Ever heard about the statements that" Every Lie contains a grain of the Truth, and every Truth contains a Lie.

Take the 911 Conspiracy Theory for instance. Everyone believes the lie that "Arab Terrorists" attacked WTC. But the Truth is, that terrorists did indeed attack, 911, its just not Arabs..

Do you cheat on your tax returns, do you cheat on your boyfriend/husband/wife girlfriend? These are vexing questions....
    Sean Goss We all are scared, but only few are brave.
    www.sgafc.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What I love about honesty is it is way less strain on memory. It comes with a sublime sense of peace.

Thanks
    Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    well, I suppose it goes with the mantra you aren't stealing until you get caught.

Thanks
    Is that a mantra - I thought it was the 11th commandment.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Suspended
    Thanks
    Fact is why do you need to be truthful? The truth will kill you and everyone will hate you. Thing is we lie because we are weak. Case and point: If I tell my boss that I think he is a loser and I hope he burns in hell I will get fired... “And I was fired” I will not get thanked for my honesty I will end up on unemployed “again”. Thing is people hate me because I will say to you “your breath stinks or you smell like a washed dog, or that you need to pick up on your hygiene. If you leave something in the toilet that could not flush and I know it is you I wall walk up to you and in-front of everyone I will say “hay! Other people need to use that! What the hell man!” without blinking. That is just who I am and that’s why I am considered expendable by most “all” of the companies I worked for.

People dislike me because of this... So honestly honesty sucks because you get singled out... and mostly because people in general cannot handle the truth.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Which brings us to the next moral dilemma - when is it "being honest" and when is it "being discreet"

Suspended
    Thanks
    Being discreet works to a point but face it being discreet about things is ineffective and also it will stab you in the back because that person will think you have a problem with them. In the end it is always better to say nothing “and by saying nothing you are lying to only yourself”