Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIRECT MARKETING

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wukkie View Post
    As said above, if you can a get a list of the owner name and the email address, you could set up a mail merge to email the fyler out. but I would say, why not create a newsletter that you send out maybe once a month or every quater. If you send bluk mail, there are services which you could use and you can give the client an option to cancel the newsletter. Most people don't, but atl east this way it would not get put down as Spam.
    I like the newsletter option as, you can give a client usefull infomation about the indusrty and what is happening. If the articles are very interesting, client will keep the name in mind. sort of a soft sale approach.
    Hi Wukkie,

What you're referring to is commonly known as a mailing list, but I don't want to take this approach for various reasons. For the type of product & service (photos, photo shoots, etc) I'd prefer to target possible clients directly. One of the products will be wedding photos, which can easily be targeted to any home owner for that matter.

Since I don't know who needs wedding photos, I'd like to be able to get my name out there and tell people what I have to offer. If they don't need my services, fine. But if they do, then they know where to get hold of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshack View Post
    Quinn

1. I have learned over the years that D marketing is very successful if you launch an intensive campaign. Results are as much as 18% per project.

2. Yes, research shows it's spam. Best way to approach it: Be guest marketer and not an intruder and you'll be rewarded.

3. Please, please don't go and just sell. This is dangerous in its simplicity. Prove to your client that you bring value first by solving thier pain and then ask for business. Do this to the right "farmed selected" target market.
    Some valuable lessons learned
    Get superfast South African Hosting at WebHostingZone

Thanks
    I am in the start-up phase of my business, so advertising and marketing is at the top of my to-do list at the moment. I've done the handing out of flyers and stuffing flyers into post boxes, advertising online etc.

What I've also done, and at the moment I'm focussing all my marketing energy on it, is direct marketing. I google a type of business and go look at the website, see what kind of service or product they sell, and get the name and contact details of at least one person involved in the business.

I then set up a personalised email, for eg. Dear Mr A. I had a look at your website and got your contact details from there. I deliver an accounting service, and for your type of business, I can do the following management reporting. I then list work that I could potentially do for him. For eg for a photographer, I would say I can do cost coding so that you can determine which sector of your business is bringing in the most profit for you, weddings, studio shoots, birthday parties etc.

I try to explain that I went to the trouble of looking up your specific details, and show that I know your industry and can do reporting that will be useful for your specific business. I mention other types of services that I also render, and then just give my contact details.

So far, with the exception of word-of-mouth, this has been the best form of marketing for me and I'll stick to it for as long as possible.

3. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (11-May-09), QUINN (11-May-09)

Thanks
    Tell me do you basically just offer the owner your help with any property related issues or do you get right to the point" NEED TO SELL? CALL ME"
    Hi, I never did direct cold sell. It was always an info type letter. One of the best ones we used had a graph (graphics i think adds appeal) of the area trends over the last year and what was expected in growth etc. Any property owner will find it of interest.

Then it would end with Free no obligation valuation etc, give us a call.

NEED TO SELL, i think would bury you, Flyers in post boxes, we used to do it for brand awareness, but dont waste money there. Flyers response used to average 0.01%, to much out there, people don't want it. I'll only support flyers if its part of a larger plan marketing plan and forms a small part of that plan, never as a stand alone marketing method.
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

5. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (11-May-09), QUINN (11-May-09)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12