Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy old computers ; salvaged stock

Silver Member
    Thanks

Where to buy old computers ; salvaged stock

Hi Guys.

I want to open a chapter to Digital Addiction where I can buy companies old PC's and resell them and damaged goods and things that are salvaged by insurance companies.

Which companies could I go to that act as a link between the organisations and insurance companies, and myself (the buyer), or how would I approach the insurance companies about this.

Regards

Itai
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Anyone??

Maybe you have some old assets that its time to dispose ... do you have an asset disposal plan, if not contact me, if you do ... contact me when its time to dispose.
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I think there is a huge gap in the market here Eitai. I personally know of a few places who have 1 or 2 or 30 PC's, monitors, pc equipment etc lying around. One day someone wakes up and says we should do something with this... Some never do, others donate to charity ( I have just had 11 PC's donated to a charity in this manner) some turf into the trash can because by that time nobody can remember what was wrong with the PC to begin with.
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Debbie. There has to be a market for this. Unfortunately I'm more of a broken printer generator than broken/retired PC's. Getting PC's revived is more cost effective than trying to do the same with printers.

But they've got to be out there. A case of spreading the word and a little patience, perhaps.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Well to start, where do I go to advertise ... and initially I want to target smaller businesses so need to advertise where they see ... I can't afford to target corporates yet :P

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbiedle View Post
    I think there is a huge gap in the market here Eitai. I personally know of a few places who have 1 or 2 or 30 PC's, monitors, pc equipment etc lying around. One day someone wakes up and says we should do something with this... Some never do, others donate to charity ( I have just had 11 PC's donated to a charity in this manner) some turf into the trash can because by that time nobody can remember what was wrong with the PC to begin with.
    If you could forward my details to those few places that you know or forward me their details, I'd really appreciate it

Gold Member
    Thanks
    eitai - have sent pm
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanks, I got it. E-mailed them ... I'm holding thumbs

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I agree with Debbie. There has to be a market for this. Unfortunately I'm more of a broken printer generator than broken/retired PC's. Getting PC's revived is more cost effective than trying to do the same with printers.

But they've got to be out there. A case of spreading the word and a little patience, perhaps.
    Well anything is good ... I'll see what I can sell it for, and then pay you 50% of that ... how does that sound

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Given the kind of values we might be talking about, the cost of shipping to Gauteng might be an issue.

If you get it working in Gauteng, we could talk about an agency in Durban

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast