If you are like many South African business owners you hate chasing people for your money...right?
Contacting your local attorney will cost you R350 before he even finished his morning tea. ( My attorney charges R950 every time he picks my file up )
I was in the same position and thought there must be a better way.
So in collaboration with a friendly legal eagle over a weekend at Leopard Creek we came up with a solution. Over that weekend, siyeza consumer credit solutions was born.
Basically the solution is simple:
MR BUSINESS OWNER, in good faith provided a service or product.
30 days later, no payment.....60 days still no payment....90 to 120 days
and guess what still no payment. Normally your only option would be to instruct your attorney to issue summons +- R4000 for a default judgment.
MR DEFAULTER then can use any number of legal remedies to avoid or delay payment.
The Solution: siyeza will send your defaulter a letter of intention to list within 28 days, we will stress the importance of a credit profile and the negative impact it can have on your ability to access credit.
3 days before the 28 days expire we will send an sms.
In 78 percent of the cases we have received either a payment or a suitable arrangement.
This method might seem simple but we have gone through the entire collection process as stipulated in the Act and found that it is possible to settle most issues before you instruct an attorney. In fact we have several attorneys that use our services.
I placed this information on the forum for two reasons:
1) Obviously I cant help but punt a new business.
2) I would really like the opinion of all on the forum, any suggestions or concerns would really be appreciated.