Thread: For Sale: Second hand server

Silver Member
    Thanks

For Sale: Second hand server

Hi.

I have a HP Proliant ML350 G5 E5405 Quad Xeon Server for sale.
    Price I am looking for is R18k, but I'm open to offers.

The main specs of the server are:
    Processor: Intel Xeon 2.0 Ghz Quadcore E5405 12MB L2 Cache (Can take 2 processors)
    Memory: 4 x PC2-5300 Fully Buffered DIMMs (DDR2-667) running at 667 MHz (Maximum 32GB)
    Storage: 2 x 146GB 10k RPM SAS Hard Drives
    Optical Drive: 16x DVD-ROM
    Power Supply: 800w

This is a powerful server, and is still sold brand new for over R30k.

Regards

Itai

P.S. I think a classifieds section on the forum would be a great idea
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Thanks
    Hi

Can I ask, how many processors has it got in it at the moment. the biggest problem, with the intel chips is that you battle to find a processor to run with the one you have. somethign about teh silcone used, in the chipset.
    Does the server come with support, if so what level. This woudl have been purchased at the same time of the server. Offered by HP.

sorry, just asking some questions, I am not in the market for one, but you never know someone may just be looking out tehre.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wukkie View Post
    Hi

Can I ask, how many processors has it got in it at the moment. the biggest problem, with the intel chips is that you battle to find a processor to run with the one you have. somethign about teh silcone used, in the chipset.
    Does the server come with support, if so what level. This woudl have been purchased at the same time of the server. Offered by HP.

sorry, just asking some questions, I am not in the market for one, but you never know someone may just be looking out tehre.
    Hi.

WRT the processors, I saw one at one of the suppliers. It was being cleared at like 3k because the box was opened ... same processor in this one. But the Xeon Quad Cores are not hard to find ... maybe the older ones, not sure about them.

WRT support, the support has expired unfortunately.

Regards

Itai
    If you need any Accounting, Tax or even Financial Management advice, PM me and I'll try help and keep your information confidential.

Visit my Android ZA website - a website dedicated to Google Android in South Africa - www.androidza.co.za

Thanks
    Ok
    so I take it that the machine only has 1 in it and space for 1 more.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.