Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning for swine flu.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 Times in 2,258 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That's quite a contribution, Francois. Thanks

There is one aspect to this that might justify the current concern, however. People's lives.

Flu is known to be a "sloppy replicator," hence the continual arrival of new strains. Now mostly this is not too serious with "only" a small section of the populace being fatally vulnerable. But every now and then it produces something that is lethal to a much larger proportion of the population.

Now I wouldn't want to be the one going "They're crying wolf again" on the occassion it turns out to be the real monster.

I think it's worth keeping a close eye on developments.

Email problem
    Thanks
    horrible worldwide now.
    I dare not to eat pork.
    It is very serious in Mexio, wish people good luck there and less person will be
    infected.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Swine Flu

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT702732.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	798

sorry, just couldn't resist........

4. Thank given for this post:

Dave A (30-Apr-09), Debbiedle (05-May-09)

Thanks
    LOL. Funny, when i sneezed yesterday, i looked around to see who was looking... suddenly very wary...
    Garth

Electric fence Installation : www.midrand-electronics.co.za
    Free Classified Adds : www.bgone.co.za

Silver Member
    Thanks
    This should be in the joke section, but I am sure you will forgive me.

Americans said: Pigs would fly if Obama lasted 100 days, Well - Swine flu

Here in the US on Tv they are saying that the WHO is not giving the correct figures! and a professor from one of the prestigious universities agreed with that statement, he also said that this Swine Flu has already mutated three times so the potential of a vacination is not likely to be achieved as quickly as hoped!

Yvonne

Gold Member
    Thanks
    I also think that there is something odd about the media hype around this - apart from normal flu strains killing people daily, we watch governments kill healthy people daily and no attention is paid to the genocide. I am battling to get my head around some things at the moment.

Plus, I personally know many swines who get it every year!!

Jokes aside... have any of you taken note of the number of people in your immediate vicinity who contracted a really bad bout of a cold or flu since 30th April?

I don't know if this is just my imagination, but it appears as if my closest 50 acquaintances ALL have a really bad bout of flu, myself included!!???! Could this be the law of attraction?
    Regards

Debbie
    debbie@stafftraining.co.za

From reception to management training, assertiveness, accountability or interviewing skills, we have a wide range of training workshops available for you!
    www.stafftraining.co.za

Find us on
    Facebook

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It certainly seems this swine flu strain is not anywhere near as widely life-threatening as it seemed at first. More a case of first-detection jitters, and it must have hit a vulnerable group.

I think Francois really helped to put the issue in perspective. By my understanding it probably is only a matter of time before something really nasty comes along, but in the meantime the message has to be - don't panic!

9. Thanks given for this post:

Frankincense (05-May-09)

Thanks
    @Dave - ....the calculations do illustrate there will be more "pandemics"...but not by chance...by carefull consideration...

Thanks
    Dave - I think we need a new forum category......Conspiracy theory.

Like the other current conspiracy thread going (you know the one where you dissapear into the sunset with nubile witches) and now this one, I think it could have potential.

After all the WHO is run by the Illuminati, thats why you don't see any real numbers yet everybody believes them to be a fact. The World Bank is run by the Bilderberg Group. The connection here is that the WHO created the swine flu diversion while the Bank bailed out their buddies on the Power and Energy side.

Now I understand the Americans are blaming the rest of the world for getting excited and blowing this swine flu scenario out of proportion.

Seems to me there is a whole lot of Smoking going on.
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Some more food for thought:
    The global outbreak of swine flu hovering just below the pandemic threshold could provide immunity for those already infected if the virus mutates into a more deadly form, scientists have told AFP.

That is what happened in 1918, when most people who fell ill with a mild spring flu were effectively inoculated from the far more lethal strains that roared back a few months later and killed at least 40 million worldwide, according to recent and upcoming studies.

The death rate among those infected during the first wave was 70% lower, according to groundbreaking research published in November in the Journal of Infectious Diseases.

The findings suggest that going all-out to prevent exposure to the kind of non-seasonal flu sweeping across the world today may turn out to be counter-productive in the fight to reduce mortality.
    full story from M&G here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast