Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Hard Work Turn You Into A Billionaire?

Bronze Member
    Thanks

Can Hard Work Turn You Into A Billionaire?

The answer is NO. Hard physical labor cannot turn you into a billionaire, period. A common mistake made by most people is to assume that physical, hard work will turn you into a billionaire. Yes, I will be the first to concede that my statement is controversial.

People involved in hard labour are not wealthy. In fact most of them are poor. How about people taking on two or three additional jobs to pay the bills? I rarely see their financial position improving. If anything most people with second or third jobs are worse off at the end of the day. Fatigue, frustration and misery are the product of hard work, not wealth.

A simple calculation can be performed. Lets take an average job of a labourer earning R2000.00 per month. Add a second job bringing in an additional R 1000.00 per month.
    If this worker works 240 hours per month, his hourly rate would be R 12.50 per hour.
    For this worker to make R1billion in any given period, he will have to work 80 000 000 hours. We don’t even live 1million hours, so how could this billion be attained in a lifetime?

What about the skilled office workers? If we use a similar example as above we can double, or even triple the salary, and will not come close to a billion.

Lets try a business. Now we are talking. But it turns out that a business, generating
    R50 000 a month, cannot turn us into a billionaire. Here is the math. This business sells 50 products at a unit cost of R1000. In order to make the first billion, in sales alone, the business would have to sell at least a million units. To sell a million units of the product, the business would need to acquire the production capacity, which negates the possibility of them ever making that first elusive billion.

These calculations and assumptions are simplistic, but I attempt to prove my point that rigorous labour has and can never make anyone wealthy. So how do people become billionaires?

Whilst I am no expert on the subject, it is my belief that prosperous people use their minds (both conscious and subconscious). As Napoleon Hill and many others asserted, that taking control of your mind is the way to prosperity. Wealthy people don’t use their backs to acquire riches. They think and act in a certain way to guarantee results.

It has even been proven, that the harder you work the poorer you can become. Actions without a clear thought out strategy, results in disaster. If you doubt this statement lets explore the following;
    · You stand at the mall distributing thousands of fliers for your new business, but get no customers.
    · You walk door-to-door selling goods, but cant find one customer.
    · You try hard to sleep, but the more you try, the harder it gets.

And yet some people who don’t disseminate fliers, or sell door to door are doing exceptionally well in their businesses and they sleep well, of course. The word here is desperation. The word desperation, unlike determination, evokes a notion of struggle and stress on the body’s part, without thinking. Exactly. Actions should always follow thoughts. I am not denigrating hard work and action, that has its place, we all support it. But how many people actually use their minds to become prosperous? The reason is that thoughts, be they negative or positive are considered insignificant. But are they?

Most people are oblivious of the strength of their thoughts. If you still doubt its power, just try thinking of a terrible encounter, and notice how quickly your feelings/emotions deteriorate. The insomnia problems emanate from negative thoughts that can keep the entire body awake.

Perseverance, persistence and determination are all crucial elements of success. But what drives persistence, is that thought. Despite circumstances, the vision (thought)of success is what can mean the difference between success and failure.

Many self-improvement gurus offer different interpretations on the power of thought. Some recommend thought only, and limited action, others recommend equal action to thought, whatever the truth is, the unavoidable fact is that there is just no getting away from the Power of Thought, in any success endeavour.

If people become billionaires with limited labour, I am convinced that their thinking process had something to do with their success. No rationale from a logical perspective can be found for people becoming billionaires!
    Sean Goss We all are scared, but only few are brave.
    www.sgafc.co.za

2. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (28-Apr-09)

Suspended
    Thanks
    You do not understand the system sorry...

See for wealth to exist there needs to be poverty, desperation, lawlessness, and slavery. The reason for these elements is simple. With poverty people will do anything! Selling their own body-parts to selling their children as slaves this still happens today. Desperation blinds people to think for themselves and basically allows for horrible sacrifices to be made even in our day and age. Lawlessness is one of the facilitator in this process, the lack of law allows people with guns to do whatever they want like the blood-diamond industry and they get it without losing profits thus they only stand to make money.

Now the last facilitator is slavery. Now you would think that it only exist small pockets of the world. You be wrong. Slavery is someone that must do something or he or she stands to be punished. If you think you are not a slave then just stop working and in a few months you will lose your home, car, family, children and you will end up on the streets where your life will ultimately be taken. The rules still apply if you are in a modern world or in a lawless world the same rules still apply.

Now how do you make that 1 billion? The answer is simple you don’t... See the law systems, tax systems, patent registration, mental property laws and law is designed to stop you from doing anything that will better your life. These systems are designed by the rich to stop you from taking their money. Why else do you think that less than 1% urns more money than most of us can dream about? Positive thinking and strategy on its own cannot give you your 1 billion. No you need to use the system and only a handful of people are smart enough to do that....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sgafc View Post
    The answer is NO. Hard physical labor cannot turn you into a billionaire, period.
    Agreed. But flipping this around a bit, can you make a billion without hard work?
    Quote Originally Posted by insulin View Post
    See for wealth to exist there needs to be poverty, desperation, lawlessness, and slavery.
    This is scarcity thinking - the idea that for someone to win, someone else must lose. I don't deny that the problem exists, but it is not the only way.

Let's pick out Bill Gates as an example - Did he require poverty to become the richest man in the world?

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Agree, many individuals become rich out of the exploitation of people, as well as illegal activities. I hear these views a lot, that you have to be crooked to become wealthy. I beg to differ. There are many exceptions.Only by exchanging value can you genuinely become rich. Look at entertainers, (In The US of course), they enjoy what they do without exploiting anyone,and their audiences enjoy what they offer, and become wealthy in the process.
    www.sgafc.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    I am not denigrating hard work and action, that has its place, we all support it. But how many people actually use their minds to become prosperous?

Dave, does this address you "flipping the question around"?

Balance is the key, work hard and stay mentally focussed.
    www.sgafc.co.za

Thanks
    [A slave] is someone that must do something or he or she stands to be punished. If you think you are not a slave then just stop working and in a few months you will lose your home, car, family, children and you will end up on the streets where your life will ultimately be taken. The rules still apply if you are in a modern world or in a lawless world the same rules still apply.
    Very interesting points, insulin. There is a slight problem with your definition, though: If you stop eating, you'll get "punished" by the process of your body slowly breaking down and you eventually dying. If you stop sleeping, you'll get "punished" by increasing exhaustion, and eventual death. Are we then slaves to food or sleep? In a sense we are, if your definition is to be applied (with which I don't disagree). The question is then, to what or whom we choose to be a slave (so far as eating and sleeping and maintaining relationships are choices). In the context of this discussion, the better option would be to not be a slave to your boss, or an employer, or a corporation, or a fixed schedule or [fill in the blank]. To be free to choose how you spend your time every day, and with whom, and for how long, should at least be one of the end goals of achieving financial independence - whether that means a billion or a more humble few million.

Suspended
    Thanks
    First of PC dos was never written by Bill Gates mister Gates gave some poor dude $300 for it and made his money.... Secondly can you make millions with hard work? The answer is both yes and no. If your hard work has a legal end to it then you will end up with something affordable. If you’re hard work has illegal potential you will be rich or die with blazing guns or end up in prison but the blazing guns is always an option.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    First of PC dos was never written by Bill Gates mister Gates gave some poor dude $300 for it and made his money....
    The problem with this being...?

Suspended
    Thanks
    There is no problem at all with Gates buying the first ever version of PC DOS. The point I was making is that Gates benefited from something that someone else made. It is not criminal but... again I am not one to judge. Justification is a human scale and it is beyond me.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad we're agreed on that then.

This is a classic example of Sean's main point. The big money wasn't in the product. It was in the business model in which that product was made available.

And that's where mind power really counts.

12. Thanks given for this post:

sgafc (29-Apr-09)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast