I had the misfortune to buy something form computer company and it broke within 7 months. Now they say that on the Terms and Condition agreement on the back of the invoice it is stated that no matter the problem no matter the urgency it will take 21 days or longer to replace the broken piece of hardware.

I had a good look around his shop and the Terms and Condition poster was no ware to be found. However there is a poster at the far back of the shop but we are not allowed to go there...

So my question is what are the laws regarding these Terms and Condition posters? Why is it that you only get to read the Terms and Conditions after I purchased the product?

I was told by the manager that if my name is on the Invoice than by default you agreed to the Terms and Conditions that is printed on the back. I feel this is entrapment because you never had a look at these Terms and Conditions. I told the manager that I really desperately need my stuff to be working or else I cannot do my work and at the time I just don’t have the money to buy a new one...

He asked me to leave with a condescending arrogant loud voice! He made sure that his actions were seen by his staff. I also wish to point out that his technician didn’t even use proper programs to see if that the hardware was working properly. I am pointing this out because most manufactures have a checklist that needs to be marked and signed before the hardware is sent back to the supplier. This two was never done.

I was humiliated by the manager and chased out of the shop with my broken hardware. Somehow I feel that all of this is illegal because there is really no way for me to have known what the Terms and Conditions was before the purchase...

Is this good Business practice and above all are these actions legal? What is the truth behind Terms and Condition poster regarding business?

Sadly the only helpful lady from our Consumer Council has moved to Johannesburg and the lady that works there now couldn’t provide me with any answers...

The only good fortune I had is that I tracked down the phone number of the hardware supplier and they were kind enough to give me an address so that I can send them the hardware myself and have it swapped out.